larger than life

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
while riding through a downtown park, i ran into a bunch of guys skateboarding. one in particular caught my attention because he was so small (4' 10") compared to the rest, but was able to perform as well. after some conversation, he was eager to have his picture taken; i wanted to emphasize his abilities compared to his size and shot from a low vantage point. it's been a while (month) since i shot him and now am ready to give him a copy. his dad is a photog, so i wanted to get your opinion of the jump shot before passing it on.

this is the youngster (some may remember from a post in the photo gallery):

22722336-L.jpg

and the jump (looking for critique on this one):

22722337-L-1.jpg

thanks for your opinions.

I agree with Unimaxium here...but I think you could fix it a bit with a little burning in PS. The shot is an awesome capture and I remember liking it the first time...you could try adding a bit more contrast, but it will probably really blow that left side out. I think his dad will be proud :)

The perspective is great, the backlighting looks really good, especially with such good exposure on the subject's face & front.

I would like to see just a little more of the subject's face and maybe a slightly different view of his body to get a better sense of his diminutive stature.

Overall, a very well executed shot, well done.

Great shot. Did you lay down next to the wall? Very cool. I really love the first photograph too, especially when combined with the title and the story. His dad will love it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back