Last attempt

What I love about your shots, and these in particular is how spontaneous they seem! They are these beautiful little moments you really can't plan--but you manage to really capture and compose so well.

I think the first is just brilliant, but the color of both are striking IMO. I don't mean to turn this into a tutorial, but how do you get colors like these (filter, enhancement, etc.)?

Cheers :sillysmi:

The taxi in the second one distracts me for some reason,
But I really like the first one.
The angles and proportion of the walls and that arrow, the light on the floor up to the mans perfectly in step position.

~John

the first shot is great imo.
it has good color, good action, good leading lines

i don't however like the second.

I really, really, really, like the second one. There's just something about it... I don't know. The guy's expression, the busy-ness, the colors, the composition, the DOF, just everything. Wow Mat-- great job. This may be my favorite out of all of yours so far. :)

(As for the first one, it's nice, but lacks something.)

What I love about your shots, and these in particular is how spontaneous they seem! They are these beautiful little moments you really can't plan--but you manage to really capture and compose so well.

I think the first is just brilliant, but the color of both are striking IMO. I don't mean to turn this into a tutorial, but how do you get colors like these (filter, enhancement, etc.)?

Cheers :sillysmi:

Nabero thanks for giving your opinion :wink:

To get such Color:

1/ I never use filter
2/ I use photoshop or DIgital Photo Professionnal and modify the curves of Red, Green and Blue one by one up to the time I like the result. Most of the time I reduce red in dark luminosity and increase green. You should try it is very simple but if you mess it can really look ugly :D

Mat

The first shot is great, I love it. Really good composition, it just kinda make you laugh when you see it. Good Job. I don't like the taxi in the second shot, but I like the face in the poster and the guy next to it though.

schumonbike: thanks for comment. You know what I did not laugh during shoot :D , because it was very quick. What I did is that I choosed this place for colour and indication, and stayed like this shooting during 10 min when people where passing... finally this man passed alone but it depends on him too :wink:

cherrymoose: Thank you and I am happy you like 2 one. In fact without the taxi the picture looks empty and is worst , but I can understand thta some people fin dit distracting

newmrdmike, jtice, thanks :wink:

Mat

I like the first one, its put together well and the second one looks great at first then I see that guy on the right. LOL!!! I am still laughing out loud at that picture. I would crop him out and it should look a bit better.

I like them both. The taxi makes the second shot, in my opinion.

Great work on both.

JD

To get such Color:

1/ I never use filter
2/ I use photoshop or DIgital Photo Professionnal and modify the curves of Red, Green and Blue one by one up to the time I like the result. Most of the time I reduce red in dark luminosity and increase green. You should try it is very simple but if you mess it can really look ugly :D

Mat

Thanks--I will try it :sillysmi:

I also really like the second, I personally don't find the taxi distracting, i think it adds the much needed colour the shot would probably need without it.
I do like the first too, obviously, but still prefer the second
nice shots !

I like the taxi, too. Taxi stand and Park Newsstand. Good (and I don't care if it was actually passing). And the guy on the poster and the real one all look somewhere, randomly, in all possible directions! I like that second one. WITH taxi. :D

But hey, I also like the first and wish I had got at least SOME similar photos out of our trip to New York last year. But to stay in ONE spot only for 10 whole minutes to wait for the occasion of the best possible photo to arise ... my! I would be divorced now!!! :shock: (That is the good thing about being totally and all on one's own. It might be lonesome at times, but you are master over your own time, too).

Hi MrMatthieu.

None of your NY pics were boring. Although I didn't comment on all of them, I liked most of them.
I also like these two quite a lot, though I vote against the taxi - I like the person and the poster a lot.

Dani

Most reactions

Back