Last Call

Th0r4z1n3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Newbie here, just looking to get some feedback. :)

LastCall.jpg

LastCall2.jpg

LastCall6.jpg

LastCall7.jpg

Anybody? Newbie here looking for some C&C :)

:1398: For me this are charming images. Maybe only #4 is a bit "empty". The gritty look of #1 is interesting. You may try more often this for selected subjects. Also try to avoid strong lines too close to people's faces like in #3.

:1398: For me this are charming images. Maybe only #4 is a bit "empty". The gritty look of #1 is interesting. You may try more often this for selected subjects. Also try to avoid strong lines too close to people's faces like in #3.

Thank you! :) Like I said, I'm a newcomer, but I'm anxious to learn, and very open to CC.

I like the grain on #1 also, but I didn't want to over do it so that it came off gimmicky. I was kind of experimenting to see what worked.

I knew there was something that didn't "feel" right about #3, but couldn't put my finger on it. The lines close to the face makes total sense. These were candid shots outside of a bar (after a "few" drinks lol) and this was the only one I got with a smile on her face, so I was kind of fixated on that.

I see what you're saying on #4. I was going for a feeling of loneliness/solitude, but I may have over did it on the black. Maybe I'll try a re-edit and let the buildings across the street come through a bit more.

Thank you for your input, it's much appreciated. :)

. These were candid shots:)
I was sure she was your girlfriend :aiwebs_016:. Ask her to pose for you a bit...

Nope, just an acquaintance... don't think the wife would appreciate me having a girlfriend lol.

A couple of us were having a cigarette after the bar closed, and I was just trying to capture them moment without giving direction. I'm sure she would be open to posing if I asked, but I'm not sure how comfortable I am giving direction as I'm often not sure what I want until I see it. I've found that when I do the subject starts feeling awkward and it comes across in the photos... i'm still just getting my feet wet and getting comfortable (not at all confident yet), it was awkward enough just asking if I could take some photos while we were all just talking lol.

Lol, I know, what you mean. Well, ask her, if she would be OK with some experimental photography. Maybe it will work. You will never know, what is in you, until you try. Her beauty looks good for informal, available light portrait. Don't direct her, try the natural way, to find her soul. :chuncky:

Lovely photos - I'm a newbie looking forward to learn here hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WandaP.

WandaP.
Welcome to the forum, good luck and have fun !

experimental photography
Just make sure she knows what 'experimental' means... otherwise, you may not get approval from her or your wife. :p

I like number 4, the way the sign is illuminated gives a feeling of mystery, perhaps just a tad more exposure to bring out a bit of detail on the left to add a bit of depth to the scene.

ken

experimental photography
Just make sure she knows what 'experimental' means... otherwise, you may not get approval from her or your wife. :p

Yup... probably should have asked for clarification on that myself before approching her. Not that the she didn't like the Viking hat & scuba flippers I brought, but I think the fondu forks were a bit of overkill. So yea... another restraining order. (Joking)

We actually discussed it a bit. She's pretty comfortable in front of the camera, and she liked what she saw in these, so hopefully sometime soon I'll be able to use her again for a few photos. :)

WandaP.

Newbie here myself, but welcome to the boards! :)

I like number 4, the way the sign is illuminated gives a feeling of mystery, perhaps just a tad more exposure to bring out a bit of detail on the left to add a bit of depth to the scene.

ken

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm gonna try to redo that one at some point (hopefully soon) to see if it still has the desired effect.

I still have not even developed my two rolls of film yet, but.......
I think #4 is the "keeper".
Also quite good is #1...would have been a bit better if the girl was slightly more of a silhouette, or if her face was a bit more obscured.....less profile.
The building/street scene is what winds the clock for me, not the person.
1 and 4 are some beautiful Noir Photography
How was your camera set up.?
Thank You

Thanks! I normally try to shoot in manual mode, but to be honest I had a bit too much to drink that night and opted for Automatic lol. I just wanted to capture the moment the way I seen it and depict how I was feeling at the time. So yea... Nikon D3200 18-55mm kit lens on automatic lol.
I still have not even developed my two rolls of film yet, but.......
I think #4 is the "keeper".
Also quite good is #1...would have been a bit better if the girl was slightly more of a silhouette, or if her face was a bit more obscured.....less profile.
The building/street scene is what winds the clock for me, not the person.
1 and 4 are some beautiful Noir Photography
How was your camera set up.?
Thank You

Oh...OK.....I'm an idiot. Whenever I see Black & White, I always think film.
I do not even own a digital camera...so I was impressed that you could hand-hold a Canon/Nikon, with maybe 400 film, and take those pictures.
They are still very nice frames, and I still think #1 and #4 are very good. :)

Most reactions

Back