What's new

Last Light

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
2,506
Reaction score
144
Location
Ely England
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
FenWinterSunset.jpg

Just caught the flare as the sun set through a friend's walnut tree.

One of the first photos I took on a digital camera - about 3 meg and I still carried on with 35mm and scanning negs for a while after. Wish I had this on Kodachrome.
​
 
dang... that is nice. Too bad the quality isnt good. I can see the pixelation.
 
dang... that is nice. Too bad the quality isnt good. I can see the pixelation.

That's why I stuck to film for a few more years
The pixelation here has nothing to do with digital photography, but rather with the compression method you used to edit this.
Nice image though!
 
I think this was a state of the art for it's time - 2 meg camera and the pixelation was on all images if shown more than 6x4 inches plus horrendous chromatic problems.
 
I think this was a state of the art for it's time - 2 meg camera and the pixelation was on all images if shown more than 6x4 inches plus horrendous chromatic problems.
Gotcha now. Didn't read the description under the image. :D
 
Excellent; wonderful colors; really loved this one :thumbsup:

Regards :D
 
Smile.. your photo has been edited by Schwetty LOL

tree-2.jpg
 
I agree - Thanks for taking the time and trouble - I now must go back and run it through Lightroom.
 
this is nice photo, i love how none of the blue overlaps the tree, it seems like only the bright has enclosed around the tree.
 
warm photo...i likes!
 
Thank you all for your kind comments.

The flare is something I have only seen a few times and seems to occur just as the sun goes behind the horizon. I was on my way to photograph using the 35mm the sunset over the water of the Washes when I spotted this and grabbed the digital as I knew I would not have time to get the Cannon out of the boot (trunk).
 
Love the composition and great sunset!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom