What's new

Last weekend's aurora

This is spectacular ..I've seen it a handful of times in Cape Breton but it is rare& you never see it in it's full glory like this!
 
Thank you, guys and gals! This was an incredible light show that started about an hour after sunset and lasted forever. At 3 a.m., after an already rewarding night of photography, the aurora was dwindling. I had already put the camera back in the bag, and was waiting for my buddy to wrap things up. Then, out of nowhere, as if a switch had been flipped, the aurora lit the sky with brutal fury, way stronger than earlier. For half an hour I enjoyed the show in total awe standing at the edge of the cliff, then broke out the camera again and shot some more. The image in this thread was taken at the tail end of that second coming.
 
Thank you, guys and gals! This was an incredible light show that started about an hour after sunset and lasted forever. At 3 a.m., after an already rewarding night of photography, the aurora was dwindling. I had already put the camera back in the bag, and was waiting for my buddy to wrap things up. Then, out of nowhere, as if a switch had been flipped, the aurora lit the sky with brutal fury, way stronger than earlier. For half an hour I enjoyed the show in total awe standing at the edge of the cliff, then broke out the camera again and shot some more. The image in this thread was taken at the tail end of that second coming.
Someday, I would love to see this!!
 
Someday, I would love to see this!!
The rest of 2012 and especially 2013 are expected to bring a lot of shows like this... Some of them might be strong enough to be seen from your neck of the woods, so be prepared!
 
Ahhhh, it's too bright down here. I would have to go north!! You're in charge of letting me know when one is coming!! :D
 
Ahhhh, it's too bright down here. I would have to go north!! You're in charge of letting me know when one is coming!! :D
And I thought I was lazy! LOL! I have to drive north too – this particular spot is 2.5 hours from here. (Sometimes the aurora can be seen from the city, overhead, in spite of the city lights, but I find it boring to shoot it here.)
 
Absolutely beautiful!
 
Another vote for the corner. Sucked me in... iz a black hole! aahhhh
 
Thanks for the feedback, guys.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom