Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Laurel Street Fair

shot with EP-3 last summer

p1581971948-5.jpg

hah! what were you doing in my neck of the woods? lmk next time you come down!

i don't have much to give you in the way of cc though, i never really got street photography. unless there was a clear interaction (and i don't mean just a person surprised at getting a camera pointed in their face), they always seem like snapshots to me. I guess in this case the high angle with the seated subjects makes this seem more snapshot-y than normal to me. I've liked some of your overseas stuff in the past when there was a clear interaction between the photographer and subject. but in this case the girl is just eating, and the couple are just like "(why)tf you taking a picture?" which i kind of concur. I like that the subjects are on the diagonal and that you are including enough of the scene to clue us into the environment, but he fact that the couple is (negatively) interacting with you and the prominent subject is interacting with no one doesn't work for me.

Last edited:
hah! what were you doing in my neck of the woods? lmk next time you come down!

i don't have much to give you in the way of cc though, i never really got street photography. unless there was a clear interaction (and i don't mean just a person surprised at getting a camera pointed in their face), they always seem like snapshots to me. I guess in this case the high angle with the seated subjects makes this seem more snapshot-y than normal to me. I've liked some of your overseas stuff in the past when there was a clear interaction between the photographer and subject. but in this case the girl is just eating, and the couple are just like "(why)tf you taking a picture?" which i kind of concur. I like that the subjects are on the diagonal and that you are including enough of the scene to clue us into the environment, but he fact that the couple is (negatively) interacting with you and the prominent subject is interacting with no one doesn't work for me.

Well I've lived in Columbia for almost half my life so it's my neck of the woods too.

And an appreciation for street photography is similar to liking jokes - if they have to be explained, they loose their impact.

Most reactions

Back