Show photo: The beer drench

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shoot a good number of shows. But a few days ago, this happened...

$Airbourne-Beer-1.jpg

Airbourne is an Australian rock band, similar to old AC/DC. And they put on a helluva show! For starters, they gave us 5 songs to shoot (instead of the normal 3). At the end of the 5th song, the singer smashed open a beer and sprayed the crowd. I was right under him, with a wide angle. And while many photogs ducked to protect their cameras and lenses, I shot away and got a great series of 5-6 images, this one being my fave.

Needless to say, I'm damn happy I have filters on my lenses. And I just spent a bit of time cleaning my bodies and lenses that were splashed with the beer. I came out of it pretty soaked. On the 6th song, when we werent allowed shooting, the singer got on the shoulders of a roadie who carried him to the bar, where he stood to do a guitar solo.

Pretty intense show I must say. Probably one of the better shows I've shot in the last few years.

Why do I like this shot? Mix of the name of the band in the back, singer's expression and the awesome beer arc over his head lol

Nailed "the moment." That shot rules. They would be stoked to have that one, for sure.

They are a pain to contact.... they are with EMI and Roadrunner, and it's near impossible to find a direct contact for the band... Grrrrr

Damn man, that sucks. I wonder if they run their twitter/facebook, and how much traffic it has. If you sent it to them for them to check out.

Facebook already done. but I'm waiting for my media to publish the full set of 35 images before pushing more.

Great shot! I've seen Airbourne twice now and they absolutely kill it live.

Very cool. Just shows persistence and determination and going for it can pay off in getting the shot.

F'ing epic!

Blow it up, frame it, hang it, crack open your own beer, stand back, admire and smile!

Cheers

Buter

LOL... its on the short list of shots to be printed and hung on my wall... my wall is full though, so i gotta pick one to take down ;)

They were one of the funner shoots ive had in years! Wish I could secure creds to mount a gopro and video the whole thing while I shoot...

They were one of the funner shoots ive had in years! Wish I could secure creds to mount a gopro and video the whole thing while I shoot...

That would be awesome. Glad the camera sounds like it survived the beer.

That would be awesome. Glad the camera sounds like it survived the beer.

Did manage to do the GoPro thing a few weeks back at a punk show! The 7 minute video got picked up by PetaPixel and DP Review ;)

Check it out if ya wanna see... Show: Dead To Me | Live Photoshoot | Foufs - Pierre B Photo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back