Laurie

jovince3000

Fried potato lover
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Part of a shoot I did for a client yesterday.

C&C always appreciated, the only thing that make me sad (untill someone point out something else that is probably extremely obvious) is that the horizon is not levelled in the second picture.. We were on extremely uneven ground so it was nearly impossible to get it right.

Edit : I just realised that the tree in the first picture is intersecting with the edge of the kid's head... what do you guys think about it ? Does it still break the rules or the tree is blurry enough to not lose too much sleep over... Because I'm about to go nuts now.

Thanks!

_MG_3754-Modifier-Modifier.jpg

_MG_3863-Modifier.jpg

Last edited:
Because I'm about to go nuts now.
Don't be so hard on yourself. That's our job!

The first thing I noticed about these two shots is; these are a little heavy on magenta. Ease off on that for more natural colors.

The intersecting tree in #1 doesn't bother me any more than the fence line doing the same thing, but that's only my opinion. As for not getting the horizon completely level in #2, that is why we do editing after the shoot. Almost nobody can get the horizon level when shooting hand-held, so straightening the shots is a normal thing to do while editing.

Almost nobody can get the horizon level when shooting hand-held, so straightening the shots is a normal thing to do while editing.
Almost nobody except me [emoji12][emoji12] kidding kidding. I do occasionally have to straighten in post, but yeah try to be aware while shooting

I agree with the above critique. The tree doesn't bother me but the fence does. But the main issue that needs to be addressed is editing/wb. As mentioned, the photos are over saturated and magenta, good news is that's an easy fix!

Thanks for the great inputs so far !
Don't be so hard on yourself. That's our job!
Sorry I almost stole your fun =P

I revised myself on the added colourization like you both mentioned, instead of doing a full colour shift like in the previous versions I went for a very- VERY subtle added blue. Not sure why I went that far in the first place. Opacity is about 15% contrary to the big 85% of the previous version
For the fence, I remember hiding something behind the kid's head... on location there was something that was just terrible and needed to be hidden... I don't remember what it was but I do remember composing around it and voluntarily chose to place her head in such a way because the fence would be a guiding line to her eyes. Did I fail on that aspect ?
On and straightened the horizon on shot #2

_MG_3754-Modifier-Modifier.jpg _MG_3863-Modifier.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back