What's new

Leaves two ways.

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a couple recent shots of leaves, I'm still exploring different ways to capture them and I quite like these two.
The first one I almost wish the depth of field was even smaller and horizontal through the leaf so it was almost non existent, I tried to bring down the sharpness of the area in focus a bit to soften it and blend it in with the rest, I probably could have gone a bit further perhaps? Or perhaps another go at it with the camera. I do like how this one turned out on the whole though.

The impressionistic one is getting close to where I want to be with the layering of the shapes with that concept.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!









 
You know, I walk around looking for cool angles, interesting people, the perfect flower. Then here I see now a second photo from you that tells me I am trying WAY too hard. The most simplest of things in an absolutely beautiful manner. I just shake my head and smile.
 
Thanks Steve!

I really enjoy simplifying things, I just have to be careful I don't get toooo simple ;) lol next thing you know I'll be posting just a black or white square lol
 
Thanks Steve!

I really enjoy simplifying things, I just have to be careful I don't get toooo simple ;) lol next thing you know I'll be posting just a black or white square lol


From what I have seen on your Flickr and here, it will be the prettiest white square ever posted, I am sure of it. Haha
 
It's so weird to see this, because just yesterday I was attempting to do the same thing- right down to the same species of tree. Of course mine didn't turn out nearly as nice as these- I like the low contrast and lovely green tones, and you've got a nice amount of softness without the entire image becoming just a blur.
 
It's so weird to see this, because just yesterday I was attempting to do the same thing- right down to the same species of tree. Of course mine didn't turn out nearly as nice as these- I like the low contrast and lovely green tones, and you've got a nice amount of softness without the entire image becoming just a blur.

Thanks so much! Keep at it, I have taken these shots more times than I'd like to admit ;) sometimes I think you need to do a subject to death until you find what you are looking for.

As for the species, I think it may be similar but perhaps a little different, mine is a weed ;)
 
From what I have seen on your Flickr and here, it will be the prettiest white square ever posted, I am sure of it. Haha

Aw shucks ;)
Don't encourage me lol ;)
 
It's so weird to see this, because just yesterday I was attempting to do the same thing- right down to the same species of tree. Of course mine didn't turn out nearly as nice as these- I like the low contrast and lovely green tones, and you've got a nice amount of softness without the entire image becoming just a blur.

Thanks so much! Keep at it, I have taken these shots more times than I'd like to admit ;) sometimes I think you need to do a subject to death until you find what you are looking for.

As for the species, I think it may be similar but perhaps a little different, mine is a weed ;)

I thought that leaf looked familiar..... HAHAH :mrgreen:
 
;)
 
As for the species, I think it may be similar but perhaps a little different, mine is a weed ;)

Wow, it really looks like an elm leaf!

And never knock a weed; a weed is just a plant that doesn't care where people want it to grow!
 
Agree! Weeds are way too misunderstood IMHO ;)
 
I see some mites! :mrgreen:
 
Bite your tongue, those things are the Bain of my existence!
 
You know, I walk around looking for cool angles, interesting people, the perfect flower. Then here I see now a second photo from you that tells me I am trying WAY too hard. The most simplest of things in an absolutely beautiful manner. I just shake my head and smile.

I feel the same way lol
 
Interesting shots, PR. I like the bit of movement in the first, and wish there were a bit more depth or drama in the second, even at the expense of some of the dreaminess. But, maybe that's what you were after.

.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom