Leaves two ways.

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a couple recent shots of leaves, I'm still exploring different ways to capture them and I quite like these two.
The first one I almost wish the depth of field was even smaller and horizontal through the leaf so it was almost non existent, I tried to bring down the sharpness of the area in focus a bit to soften it and blend it in with the rest, I probably could have gone a bit further perhaps? Or perhaps another go at it with the camera. I do like how this one turned out on the whole though.

The impressionistic one is getting close to where I want to be with the layering of the shapes with that concept.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

Stevepwns

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jacobeastonphotography.com
Photos OK to edit
You know, I walk around looking for cool angles, interesting people, the perfect flower. Then here I see now a second photo from you that tells me I am trying WAY too hard. The most simplest of things in an absolutely beautiful manner. I just shake my head and smile.

OP
PixelRabbit

PixelRabbit

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thanks Steve!

I really enjoy simplifying things, I just have to be careful I don't get toooo simple ;) lol next thing you know I'll be posting just a black or white square lol

Stevepwns

Reaction score
Website
Photos OK to edit
Thanks Steve!

I really enjoy simplifying things, I just have to be careful I don't get toooo simple ;) lol next thing you know I'll be posting just a black or white square lol

From what I have seen on your Flickr and here, it will be the prettiest white square ever posted, I am sure of it. Haha

Eclectix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Photos OK to edit
It's so weird to see this, because just yesterday I was attempting to do the same thing- right down to the same species of tree. Of course mine didn't turn out nearly as nice as these- I like the low contrast and lovely green tones, and you've got a nice amount of softness without the entire image becoming just a blur.

OP
PixelRabbit

PixelRabbit

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's so weird to see this, because just yesterday I was attempting to do the same thing- right down to the same species of tree. Of course mine didn't turn out nearly as nice as these- I like the low contrast and lovely green tones, and you've got a nice amount of softness without the entire image becoming just a blur.

Thanks so much! Keep at it, I have taken these shots more times than I'd like to admit ;) sometimes I think you need to do a subject to death until you find what you are looking for.

As for the species, I think it may be similar but perhaps a little different, mine is a weed ;)

OP
PixelRabbit

PixelRabbit

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
From what I have seen on your Flickr and here, it will be the prettiest white square ever posted, I am sure of it. Haha

Aw shucks ;)
Don't encourage me lol ;)

Stevepwns

Reaction score
Website
Photos OK to edit

Thanks so much! Keep at it, I have taken these shots more times than I'd like to admit ;) sometimes I think you need to do a subject to death until you find what you are looking for.

As for the species, I think it may be similar but perhaps a little different, mine is a weed ;)

I thought that leaf looked familiar..... HAHAH :mrgreen:

OP
PixelRabbit

PixelRabbit

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
;)

OP
PixelRabbit

PixelRabbit

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Agree! Weeds are way too misunderstood IMHO ;)

leeroix

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I see some mites! :mrgreen:

OP
PixelRabbit

PixelRabbit

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Bite your tongue, those things are the Bain of my existence!

BanditPhotographyNW

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
You know, I walk around looking for cool angles, interesting people, the perfect flower. Then here I see now a second photo from you that tells me I am trying WAY too hard. The most simplest of things in an absolutely beautiful manner. I just shake my head and smile.

I feel the same way lol

Murray Bloom

Reaction score
Website
www.murraybloomphoto.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Interesting shots, PR. I like the bit of movement in the first, and wish there were a bit more depth or drama in the second, even at the expense of some of the dreaminess. But, maybe that's what you were after.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics