Leaving for Kilimanjaro this week

I'm curious, which route are you taking. With the length you listed I would assume it would be the Marangu or the Machame.

... We'll be taking the Lemosho route, I don't think they do Breach anymore. The majority of the climbs to the summit are not technical at all until summit night itself. It's really just the altitude that makes it difficult. ..
Ahh, missed that in the post. That surprises me, that is a longer route, usually around 8 days or so on the mountain if I remember correctly.

Yes it's a 6 day ascent and a 2 day descent.

As for #3, our tour company is providing TP, but we have backup as well. And for #9 we opted for the longer route exactly for this reason. This trip is costing roughly $14,000 so I was not about to accept failure, we're doing everything we can to mitigate risk and ensure we make it to the top.
Don't trust them on #3. Bring your own. What they call toilet paper can pass as sand paper in other parts of the world.

Best of luck to you. I personally think you are a lottle crazy climbing a giant mountain with "kill" in the name. But the shots should be very interesting. This kind of thing always makes me want to ascend some mountain somewhere, but I will definitely start small

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

So did you follow rule #3 or trust them??? :allteeth:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back