Leica .95 ain't got nothing on this.

Sachphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok sorry for the use of my slang "aint" LOL but I came across this guy and wrote a blog about it.

anywho enjoy

Kowa 65mm f/0.75

Would be cool if it could be made workable but who knows.

Fast lenses are all around... the key is making them produce quality images. That's were the complexity and cost lies....

Modified by Stanley Kubrick's crew for use was a Zeiss 50mm f/0.70 planer... it was used for filming "Barry Lyndon" and was amazingly beautiful on the big screen. The Leica 50mm f/0.95 ASPH still produces images that would put that lens to shame. Even the old and non-asph 50mm /f1 from either Leica or Canon looks better. The sample posted looks like someone with cateracts which is almost unusable in still photography.

Leitz 90mm f/1 also exists and like the lens linked was also designed for X-ray machines... equally as "unusable".

If someone could modify an aperture diaphragm and somehow focus it.. now that would be interesting.

LOL yeah I never said it was good. I think if it could be stopped down and focused that would be another story indeed.

i bet the german made lens is much superior

for the price, and probably usability, the canon 50 f/1.2 would be my choice

i bet the german made lens is much superior

for the price, and probably usability, the canon 50 f/1.2 would be my choice

I just sold one of those. I found it from an older camera shop. She gave it to me for $70. I played with it a little on my old FT and sold it on ebay. The DOF was amazing.

On a side note, Cosina/Voigtlander is releasing a 25mm f/.95 for the Micro Four Third system soon. It's priced in the realm of possibility for the us peons at under $1K USD.

Voigtlaender - MFT Lenses

Most reactions

New Topics

Back