Leica/Zenit ... FF mirrorless rangefinder??

No thanks. Give me a Fuji X100T/F or X-Pro 2 any day and I'll live with the shame of an APS-C sensor.

There will be only 500 units sold. The $5k-ish price includes the 35mm f/1.0 lens...so,it's a big savings over a Leica 240, which is basically, what the camera "is". I expect that Russian newly-rich types will buy these, along with 'Leica' collectors. What an oddball collaboration-a Russian brand long known for junky cameras, and Leica, long know for top-quality lenses and cameras. One of my first 35mm SLR's was a rebadged Zenit B...wow...what garbage it was! Soooo pathetically behind the times that in 1977, it was at least two decades behind Japanese-made and engineered cameras in terms of features, and wayyyyy below the level of quality of 1960's and 1970's Japanese cameras.

I read the above first look of the camera, as well as the dPreview first look a few days ago...the collaboration...wow...just wow. It's as if Rolls-Royce decided to hook up with Yugo. Still--this is basically a Leica, wearing another name badge, but the lenses are totally Russian designs and are _not_ Leica designed lenses.

I think the first Russ camera was the Kiev (made by
German equipment and German labor) I have a few and one Russ lens with blue glass. I like my Russ lenses, BUT. is there any modern digital cameras that will accept the "leica screw base"? vin

I think that one could adapt Leica thread mount lenses to a number of mirrorless cameras, like Panasonic,Olympus,Sony,etc.

Also, LTM (Leica Thread Mount) lenses can be adapted to Leica M-mount by way of lens adapters sold by a number of vendors, and in that way could be used on digital Leica M-mount rangefinder cameras, which are both "modern" and digital.

Thanks guys ! I should kick loose with one of my pension checks and "buy a screw mount digital camera body". vin

As @Derrel mentioned ... I think you will be able to find an M39/LTM adapter to fit almost all mirrorless cameras.

I think the first Russ camera was the Kiev (made by
German equipment and German labor) I have a few and one Russ lens with blue glass. I like my Russ lenses, BUT. is there any modern digital cameras that will accept the "leica screw base"? vin
I've got 3 adapters from Lecia screw to MFT - no Leica lenses for them though.
I found someone selling very cheap (£1 ea) & noticed they could be dismantled to give a MFT mount that can have small lenses fitted via the 3 grub screws... :)
My M39 lenses are all enlarger models so need a focusing mount.

what is MFT? the lecia"M series" is bayonet, there are 3 inserts for lecia screw. each activates the range finder for a particular lecia lens of the M series. when you screw in an old lecia lens, the range finder may not be accurate. now, if you use a digital camera ( like a sony nez -6) you would focus the lens using the camera screen? vin

Most reactions

Back