Lens adaptor

VectorASU23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently received a Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm F/1:1.8 D Lens that I bought on ebay. The lens has an Lumix NK-m4/3 adaptor attached to it. I tried to remove it and can't. Anyone have suggestions on how to remove it?

I recently received a Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm F/1:1.8 D Lens that I bought on ebay. The lens has an Lumix NK-m4/3 adaptor attached to it. I tried to remove it and can't. Anyone have suggestions on how to remove it?
Should be the same procedure as removing a lens from the camera. Is the release button sticking?

the adaptor doesnt seem to have a release button
Odd - would be a pretty funky adaptor with no locking pin and a means to raise it. I would take it to a qualified repair shop. Good luck!
Edit: I assume you know to turn the lens clockwise to remove it from the adapter, right?

Last edited:
Yea i turn the lens clockwise and nothing. I was able detached the adaptor. I noticed a little gap between the lens and the adaptor (I assumed that gap is were the locking pin suppose to be) and I got a toothpick sticked it in the gap and the adaptor came off

Yea i turn the lens clockwise and nothing. I was able detached the adaptor. I noticed a little gap between the lens and the adaptor (I assumed that gap is were the locking pin suppose to be) and I got a toothpick sticked it in the gap and the adaptor came off
Good to hear that!

My Canon to Pentax adapter, has a small leaf spring that drops into place when the adapter is properly seater. You actually have to use a paperclip or such to lift it up so the adapter can rotate off.

Most reactions

Back