Lens advice for Trip to Bhutan

Zeeshan Mitra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, soon I will be going on a trip to Bhutan for 5 days, my main purpose is to photograph. So now I am confused as to which lens or lenses should I take with me. I want to keep it light dont want to take a lot of lenses which would mean changing lenses off and on which may lead to dust issues while I am out there. Recently I upgraded from a Nikon D3100 to a Nikon D5600, couldnt go for the 7000 series as my budget did not allow me to. So now I am wondering which lens to take. I am thinking of renting a lens. I already have the kit 18-55 AF-P lens which has produced great results till now. And I have a 70-300mm Tamron VC lens. Should I take my 18-55 on my old D3100 and rent a 24-70mm 2.8 and mount it on the D5600 ? Or should I rent the 10-20 or 35 f1.4 ? My subjects would be primarily landscape, monasteries and people. Looking forward to your valuable advice.

Why pay more if your current lenses gives you good luck? I would just take what you have. And maybe buy the less expensive normalish 35mm f/1.8 lens which is on sale for $170 right now. You will have wide angle covered, any telephoto covered. And a good normal perspective low light lens. All of which are very light lenses.

I'm tempted to say both cams and existing lens mount on each one, but I don't know your style of shooting. Is wide angle in your needs, so you need 35mm with bigger aperture than you own, answer these yourself and you'll know what you need

As a follow up, if renting the Nikon 16-80 f2.8 to 4 covers a lot of ground

Most reactions

New Topics

Back