Lens Help!

misscrosson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Canon Rebel XT... the only lens I have is a 18-55mm and the built in flash.

I have my first niece being born in a week, and so I'm sure I'll be busy taking pictures of her...

I was curious on what type of lenses would be good for a beginner like myself to buy to take great photos of her, as well as any other extra flashes I should purchase?

Thanks!​

I was curious on what type of lenses would be good for a beginner like myself to buy to take great photos of her, as well as any other extra flashes I should purchase?
What kind of budget are you working with?

And remember, equipment will only take you so far...you as the photographer have to know what you're doing in order to get those "great photos".

Digital Photography Tips For Beginners

Digital Photography Composition Tips

Baby Photography 101

Baby Time: Photographing Babies Without Losing your Mind

Photographing Babies - Zoom in

3 Quick Newborn Photography Tips

More Baby Photography Tips

Budget? I'd say maybe $300-$500?

Just looking for something that'll help in my photo taking.... I've never taken photo's of a infant before, so this will be very different. I've only ever had my dogs to practice on... LOL ... and I suppose anything and everything found in nature.

These are pictures I've taken before..

mackinawbutterfly_058.jpg

fifi.jpg

You might want to look at the EF 50mm f/1.8 II or the EF 50mm f/1.4 USM for low light indoor shots.

Or you might want to look at getting a external hot shoe Speedlite (flash) for your XT. You could use your kit lens with the external flash for indoor shots. The 430EX II is a nice flash.

You wouldn't fire the flash directly at your subject though, you'd want to bounce it off the ceiling or walls. Flash Photography Techniques

Most reactions

New Topics

Back