Lens Hoods

snaremop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bigelectricbill.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to buy a lens hood for my Nikon 18 - 55 mm kit lens. However, I have no idea which to get. Nikon.com doesn't seem to have any... Can you recommend anything guys? The diameter of the lens is 52 mm, by the way.
:meh:

check out b&h, you need one that will fit that lens thread and will not create vingetting, but they should be able to direct you in the right direction.

I bought one for that lens. It was a screw on one. Remember that the lens rotates as it focuses which can cause the lens to get in the shot, but this was a petal type hood. You can look for a regular hood but its not really worth it. For the lenses that need them nikon includes them.

Yeah, Jimmy is right. The regular hood isn't too great, I bought it a while ago, and it doesn't seem to help much, and I get quite a bit of vignetting. There was a wide angle version, but that one seemed..I dunno, too wide. I would say save you money, but it's up to you I guess. Just try before you buy so you know what you're getting.

I bought one for that lens. It was a screw on one. Remember that the lens rotates as it focuses which can cause the lens to get in the shot, but this was a petal type hood. You can look for a regular hood but its not really worth it. For the lenses that need them nikon includes them.

Do you have a link or something for the one that you bought?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back