Lens Question

souperman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found this lens on craiglist for $30:

Tamron Lens AF80-210mm F/4.5-5.6 for Canon-AF

Will this work with my T2i? I know it probably isn't the greatest, but for $30.

All EF and EF-s mount will work on the T2i..I believe this is a EF mount so it should work.

Sounds good, I will probably grab it then, if it doesn't work, I will sell it myself.

Good luck..hope it works out for you.

Take your camera with you. And try the lens before you pay. I don't know about Canon. But I do know with Nikon some Tamron, Tokina, and Sigma older lenses do not work with newer bodies! Not sure what the electronic differences is, but I do know not all older third party AF lenses works with newer DSLR bodies! Again not sure if Canon is the same.

Take your camera with you. And try the lens before you pay. I don't know about Canon. But I do know with Nikon some Tamron, Tokina, and Sigma older lenses do not work with newer bodies! Not sure what the electronic differences is, but I do know not all older third party AF lenses works with newer DSLR bodies! Again not sure if Canon is the same.

I have an ancient Sigma 100-300 that functions fully on my 350D, but doesn't function at all on my 50D. It's junk anyway, but I was just curious to see if it would work.

I have an ancient Sigma 100-300 that functions fully on my 350D, but doesn't function at all on my 50D. It's junk anyway, but I was just curious to see if it would work.

I thought it was the same with Canon but didn't experience it for my self. I know several years ago, most of the lens manufacturers were willing to rechip lenses as long as they had the parts. So the camera manufacturers made a change, maybe as an attempt to slow down 3rd party sales???

I didn't have a chance to take my camera with, but I compared the connecters on this lens to Canon EF connecters and they are identical. The lens is cheaply made for sure, but for $30, I'm good with it. The lady I bought it from said she barely used it, and it was still on the box with everything that came with it, plus a Tiffen UV filter.

The contacts aren't the issue. The old Sigma I referenced above has the exact same contacts as any of my Canon glass. The issue is whether or not the electronics hooked up to those contacts have the ability to communicate with your body.

The contacts aren't the issue. The old Sigma I referenced above has the exact same contacts as any of my Canon glass. The issue is whether or not the electronics hooked up to those contacts have the ability to communicate with your body.

I get to find out when I get home.

Most reactions

Back