Lens Reversing Ring/Lens coupling rings for macro

Does the Pentax vis - Reverse adapter 55 work with a Nikon?? Anyone know?
I browsed Pentax web page but couldn't find an answer.

Aaaahh The mists are clearing now. Neither of these are a marketing gimmick. They both work. it will give you a taste of what you can do in macro photography. BUT BEWARE.... The bug may bite you and you will spend a lot more of your life with your face stuck to the back of a camera.....

This is the BR-2A lens reversing ring, you can buy it used from B & H for $12. It has Nikon F mount on one side and 52mm thread on the other.

dsc2737ai7.jpg

This picture was taken with the D70s and Sigma 50mm macro, with this lens you get 1:1 magnification on a 35mm camera, on the D70s you get 1.5:1 magnification because of the sensor size. In reality with the digital camera you also get 1:1 magnification, but when you compare images from a 35mmSLR and a DSLR, it seems that you get closer with the digital.

dsc2749bd0.jpg

with this one I reversed the lens, you get close to 2:1 magnification

dsc2780lk3.jpg

Then I added this, Nikon PK-13 27.5mm extension tube,

dsc2790lo7.jpg

and I got this, this is close to 3:1 magnification

dsc2784ly7.jpg

Canon makes the MP-E 65mm Macro lens, this lens gives you 5:1 magnification, now that's some extreme macro, I'm just waiting for Nikon to come with something like it.

Awesome, thx for info. I just bought one at some auction web page for 4 dollars including delivery.
416728252_Big.jpg

Looks kinda from the 70's but hey, it's 4 bucks. I can't wait till it gets here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back