Lens Reviews

IDLaxStar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Are there any websites that review lens? I find stuff on bodies all the time but from what I read on here lens are really what makes pictures. So I was wondering where I can go for reviews and such to compares lens and see what I want to get. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Usually you can find them using Google. That is, if you have a lens in mind to look for and using the lens' full name as your search terms. The first few results are usually good. I'm not the expert here, but I find dpreview.com quite good, as they have interactive MTF graphs. Also, KenRockwell also has some good reviews for Nikon lenses (he has good sample pics taken with the lens). If you don't have a lens in mind, then you should go to the major brands' website and check out their wide range of selections to see which one suites you. Major brands include Nikon, Canon, Sigma and Tamron, to list a few.. and depending on your body.

Here is where I go: Camera lens tests, user reviews, camera accessory reviews - SLRgear.com!

They are very detailed. They graph sharpness at many different apertures and focal lengths. They also graph CA, Vignetting, and Distortion at each as well. Then, on most, they provide a 'real world' picture at a couple different focal lengths and apertures so you can see what a picture taken with the lens looks like. They use the same scene for every lens so it makes comparisons easier.

just remember with ken rockwell, he sometimes never touches the equipment he is reviewing.

others have given you some good tips

Are there any websites that review lens? I find stuff on bodies all the time but from what I read on here lens are really what makes pictures.

That was more true back in the film days. The digies vary not only from brand to brand, but also from model to model.

Most reactions

Back