Lens specs

hamlet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just tap: sharpness, distortion, vignetting, transmission, chromatic aberration. link

I am personally surprised that the Sigma 35mm f1.4 in sharpness is up there with the big boys, these are big bucks lenses.

Yes, those are some very high-performance lenses. Many of them are pretty expensive, but there ARE a few that are pretty affordable, like the older Nikon 60mm f/2.8 AF-D Micro~NIKKOR, and the Tamron 90mm AF-SP Di macro lens, and the 28mm f/1.8 AF-S G Nikkor, as well as the aformentioned Sigma 35mm f/1.4. Tamron's new 70-200mm f/2.8 zoom is also wayyyy up there, and is priced fairly.

I'm not sure how trustworthy this information is. I noticed that the Samyang 14mm f/2.8 is also up there, this is from a company that gives different names to different markets to this same lens. kenrockwell isn't so generous, so that is why i'm in doubt.

it’s amazingly sharp. Better than the Nikon 14mm f/2.8 prime (which is way dated) and 1/3rd of the price. I will note, this is held together inside with plastic, glue, and small screws. You won’t be using it for years. But the price of a new one is less than the price of a repair on a 14-24 f/2.8.
:lmao:

So it is true that it is such a sharp lens.

Yes, those are some very high-performance lenses. Many of them are pretty expensive, but there ARE a few that are pretty affordable, like the older Nikon 60mm f/2.8 AF-D Micro~NIKKOR, and the Tamron 90mm AF-SP Di macro lens, and the 28mm f/1.8 AF-S G Nikkor, as well as the aformentioned Sigma 35mm f/1.4. Tamron's new 70-200mm f/2.8 zoom is also wayyyy up there, and is priced fairly.

How about colour rendition and contrast? How do you look into those factors in lenses?

The mustache distortion is absolutely horrible on it. I can correct it, but I'm back to the FOV of both my 17mm lenses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back