lense for specific use

utala

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a primary lense for my Nikon FM3A.
Good for everyday shooting, but also can do Macro shots, or have Macro 'inbetween' attachment. My main subject will be close portraits of black people. Anyone have a solution for me? Thank you.

Well your lens decision wont be based much on your subjects skin color. :D But it will affect how your meter reads.

anyway back to the question.

If you don't have a 50mm prime lens I would start with that. You can get closeup filters which will allow you to do macro work. You can also do landscapes and up to 3/4 shots of people. As far as people go, a longer lens like 100 or 135 gives you a better perspective and keeps a nice working distance from the subject.

i have many a lens, but the one i choose to sleep with is my sigma 100m 1:1 macro lens. tack sharp, perfect for portraits, great bokeh, and macro to blow the mind.

how close up on the people are you plannin on getting? If its any further back than like eyes are something, I'd suggest getting a zoom lens. If you're planning on getting closer than that, then I'd undoubetdly get a lens w/ macro capability. I have some close up filters and they're really difficult to use.

going out on a limb here :lol:

i often shoot people close up with a wide angle lens 8) ... the the lens mentioned above is great for a "standard" portriat lens....

being an "african-american" woman myself (i prefer black) ... u can use any lens ... but it will affect exposures for different skin colors (keeping in mind there are over 30 shades of black) ... i also photograph lots of "african-americans" and use the same lens on any different race of people

Most reactions

Back