Let the fireworks shots roll in!

Juice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chaosjourney.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried shooting fireworks for the very first time, and went out there with no idea what I was doing or how it would come out.

This was a very small show out in the South Carolina swamp as a precursor to the festivities of the 4th, so it wasn't very extravagant.

Anyway, here is Image 0001, the very first picture I took showing the first few launches. I still have to look through all of them, but I figured I'd get some feedback up front. :sillysmi:

Settings: ISO 100, 28mm, f22, 36 sec exp.

IMG_0001.jpg

i always like the first shots the best, the smoke always annoys me in the later ones

Yeah, I've been poking through the shots I took and the finale was very smoky, I wasn't impressed.

The biggest issue I had tonight was that I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too close to the fireworks. Even at 18mm I couldn't get them completely in view for many of the shots. I wasn't entirely sure of where they were going to be launched, so that was just an unfortunate occurrence.

I'm glad I got the opportunity to practice at this one though, I look forward to finding a good show for the 4th.

I like the shot you posted.

Getting the first shot right is especially tough because you don't know where to focus and where exactly the firework is gonna be. Only once they start shooting you can recompose.

I'm just talking about not knowing where the first firework will be, so your positioning may be off. Shhh..

Getting the first shot right is especially tough because you don't know where to focus and where exactly the firework is gonna be. Only once they start shooting you can recompose.

Yeah, that was definitely a stroke of luck on my part, since those were literally the first ones that went up. As soon as I heard the first launch I opened the shutter.

For being your very first time.... fantastic capture of the fireworks themselves. :thumbup:
Now you need to back away and get some interesting foreground/background in them.

Most reactions

Back