Let's Build Me a Computer

I rebuilt my AMD machine recently with a Core i5-750, a Gigabyte UD4P P55 MB, 4G of DDR3 1600, a 1TB WD Black HD and a Sapphire Radeon 5850 for about $800.

I loaded 134 raw+jpeg fine images from an afternoon on the St. Johns river from my new D300s into LR3 beta yesterday (and again today to time it) using the above machine. The CF card is a Sandisk 8g Extreme (60MB/s) and the reader is a sandisk SDDR-189.

Plugging the CF into the reader which opens LR3 to the LR3 import page took 160 secs. (this shows all the images to select for import. The import page shows instantly but images take the time listed.).

Importing all 134 images into LR3 took 116 secs.

Opening develop screen on a 11.3MB raw file took 3 secs.

Exporting to web took 7 secs.

This works for me.
YMMV.

Last edited:
The i7 is great if ur going to do photography if ur pictures are insanely large. I run an i7 with an ati 4850 hooked up to my 55 inch flat and editing photos are awesome.

Nice settup, also use the i7.

I rebuilt my AMD machine recently with a Core i5-750, a Gigabyte UD4P P55 MB, 4G of DDR3 1600, a 1TB WD Black HD and a Sapphire Radeon 5850 for about $800.

I loaded 134 raw+jpeg fine images from an afternoon on the St. Johns river from my new D300s into LR3 beta yesterday (and again today to time it) using the above machine. The CF card is a Sandisk 8g Extreme (60MB/s) and the reader is a sandisk SDDR-189.

Plugging the CF into the reader which opens LR3 to the LR3 import page took 160 secs. (this shows all the images to select for import. The import page shows instantly but images take the time listed.).

Importing all 134 images into LR3 took 116 secs.

Opening develop screen on a 11.3MB raw file took 3 secs.

Exporting to web took 7 secs.

This works for me.
YMMV.

That's pretty quick.

~Michael~

.[/quote]

That's pretty quick.

~Michael~[/QUOTE]

I thought so, but not seeing any other numbers, I don't know if it is .
Never the less, like I said, it works for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back