What's new

Let's play a game!!! You know you want to...

shortpballer

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 1, 2009
Messages
664
Reaction score
12
Location
San Diego
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Guess what lens I just got :) !!!!! Let's see if you guys can guess!!

These are just quick snaps I took today while eating dinner with my girlfriend. Nothing artistic and what not. I just love the dof and the bokeh this baby produces.

1.
50mm1.jpg

2.
50mm2.jpg

3.
50mm3.jpg

4.
50mm4.jpg

5.
50mm5.jpg
 
you guys are no fun... I was excited :(
 
Its not in my list of equipment. And its not an 85mm If you check the exif it says 50. But what kind ?!?!?
 
Whatever it is, it has six aperture blades. That rules out (almost) all of the current Canon 50mm primes and Sigma's AF 50mm's (both the 1.4 and 2.8 Macro).

So, that leaves me suspecting that it's the EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro.
 
I'll just tell you guys... no one is even close. its a zeiss t planar 50 1.4
 
Er...Why not the EF 50mm f/1.4? It has more blades for better bokeh (8 blades over 6).
 
Er...Why not the EF 50mm f/1.4? It has more blades for better bokeh (8 blades over 6).

I've read SOOOO Many reviews man. The zeiss 1.4 is not even a competition with the canon 50 1.4 . Do some reading on them. There have been pretty extensive tests people have done to show that the zeiss lenses are FAR superior to the canons. I know this is probably going to upset people lol. But I've done a lot of research. And I have picked up a 50mm 1.4 zeiss and a 35-70 f3.4. They are both amazing. THe 35-70 has pretty damn good macro as well. You guys should look up pics on flickr with these lenses. And I will take some real pics this weekend with them and post them on here.
 
Er...Why not the EF 50mm f/1.4? It has more blades for better bokeh (8 blades over 6).

I've read SOOOO Many reviews man. The zeiss 1.4 is not even a competition with the canon 50 1.4 . Do some reading on them.

Funny, that. I've done plenty of reading myself. Jee. Snide remarks won't make people amiable toward you. ;)

As for the Zeiss...I gather you're fine then with no AF, manually adjusting aperture all the time, and being restricted to 1/2 stop aperture changes. If you're cool with that and really needed that extra LW/PH, far be it from me to argue.

If you look at the specs between the two lenses that I linked to above, you'll note that the EF 50mm f/1.4 is definitely competition for the Zeiss; in fact, the Zeiss exhibits quite a bit more CA. Hmmm...yup. Comparable lenses for sure.
 
Congrats man! Fantastic lens or not, you are loving it and that is what counts.

I only said fantastic or not because I have never personally researched them to comment either way.
 
I'm currently trying to figure out how to afford the whole set of Nikon mount zeiss primes. If this guys work is any indication, they're awesome lenses. Grats on your new toy. :)
 
Reviews and what not aside, enjoy your new lens!
 
......
Do some reading on them.
......
I did. The bottom line and ultimate decision maker was.......

(from photozone.de)
The price tag of the Zeiss is almost surprisingly affordable at 499EUR (about 650US$) ... which is still twice the price of the corresponding Nikkor AF lens which is only marginally inferior. Well, as always you have to pay bitterly for that final extra kick.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom