Let's play a game!!! You know you want to...

Thanks guys, I will try to get some real pics up soon. Just wanted to post it because its a good option for you all to consider.

Forgot to say congrats. It's always nice to get new toys. :biggrin:

Forgot to mention this isn't te canon mount. It's te contax mount I picked it up for 135 :) plus an adapter at 70 so it's a steal and I would recommend it to anyone who isn't scared of not having autofocus. It does have af conform though.

Congratulations on buying an adapter! it will open up a lot of possibilities for lenses Canon does not make, like the 200mm f/3.5 and f/4 Tele Tessar lenses, or the 180mm, 45mm f/2.8 Tessar, and 135mm Sonnar models which are really affordable,excellent lenses. Being able to use Yashica/Contax lenses bearing either the Zeiss or the Yashica brand is handy.

Occasionally, if you're shopping in places like pawn shops, it's possible to find high quality lenses in Y/C mount that are erroneously under-priced.

Canon s-slr bodies adapt really well to other lenses,and the price you payed for the lens with adapter is less than KEH is selling the lens alone for!

Congratulations on buying an adapter! it will open up a lot of possibilities for lenses Canon does not make, like the 200mm f/3.5 and f/4 Tele Tessar lenses, or the 180mm, 45mm f/2.8 Tessar, and 135mm Sonnar models which are really affordable,excellent lenses. Being able to use Yashica/Contax lenses bearing either the Zeiss or the Yashica brand is handy.

Occasionally, if you're shopping in places like pawn shops, it's possible to find high quality lenses in Y/C mount that are erroneously under-priced.

Canon s-slr bodies adapt really well to other lenses,and the price you payed for the lens with adapter is less than KEH is selling the lens alone for!

My next purchase is a 100mm f2 or the 85 1.4 they are both known to beat all L series primes in contrast color definition etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back