Lets See Your Camera

I put an MD lens on it because it dawned on me that might be the issue. Nope. It does the same thing. When I depress the shutter halfway, the light ZOOMS up to the top and stays there, no matter what aperture or shutter speed is selected. Also, the shutter seems way too slow when on 1/1000. It sounds the same as 1/6o. I think it's probably junk. But I didn't pay much for it.

AAwmSPP.jpg

I put an MD lens on it because it dawned on me that might be the issue. Nope. It does the same thing. When I depress the shutter halfway, the light ZOOMS up to the top and stays there, no matter what aperture or shutter speed is selected. Also, the shutter seems way too slow when on 1/1000. It sounds the same as 1/6o. I think it's probably junk. But I didn't pay much for it.

Unfortunately, electronic problems are common on the XD models. They were great cameras in their day but when you find them nowadays they often have electronic issues or don't work at all.

Can't win them all, I guess. My investment in it is miniscule, so it will end up in a box, as a "parts camera" if I ever run into one that WORKS.

Have not seen one of those in awhile. I had one in the early 90's I bought at a garage sale for $50. Used the heck out of it and sold it 10 or so years later for $85.....LOL

I found this stuff today. Once again, all the camera needed was a new battery, which I had.
A Canon FTb in fantastic condition. A Canon FD 50mm f1.4. A Canon FD 100-200mm f5.6. A Vivitar 28mm f2.5 wide angle. Cases for the lenses. A couple polarizers and a couple UV filters. An FL-D filter, a shutter release. All in a really nice camera bag. Super inexpensive.
IMG_4368kkk.jpg
IMG_4375kkk.jpg
IMG_4379.JPG

I found this last week, It arrived today. A Nikomat FTn. Amazing condition, and the meter works. I like these old cameras.

IMG_4418.JPG

Another good day. These two were given to me because "they don't work, and I don 't know anything about them". Guess what? They both work perfectly after installing new batteries. The viewfinders are amazingly free of specks and dirt. Also got the manuals for the AE-1 and they are also in great shape.

IMG_4516xxx.jpg
IMG_4522xxx.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back