lexar 4gb card and coolpix p3

zdn15

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i purchased a lexar professional 4gb card for my coolpix p3 camera and i receive an error message telling me i cannot use it.
does anybody have any knowledge of this, and/or know how to fix it?

thanks.

It's probably bigger than you're allowed to use. Some cameras have limits to what type specifically of CF card you can use...like...the density or whatever. Maybe yours only likes 2gb...or maybe less...I don't have experience with that camera.

The following does not mean that you can't use it but you can see they only tested to 1 GB. I don't think they thought too many people would be using a 4GB card in a P&S camera.

you can try asking a question here:
Nikon Knowledge Base. You have to register your camera but I have found them to be helpful in the past.

"Nikon has tested the following cards and approved their use in the Coolpix P3:

SD memory cards:
SanDisk 64 MB, 128 MB, 256 MB, 256 MB*, 512 MB, 512 MB*, 1 GB, 1GB*
Toshiba 64 MB, 128 MB, 128 MB*, 256 MB, 256 MB*, 512 MB, 512MB*, 1GB
Panasonic 64 MB, 128 MB, 256MB, 256 MB*, 512MB, 512 MB*, 1GB, 1 GB*
*High Speed (10 MB/s)

Other brands and capacities of cards may work, but Nikon cannot guarantee their operation. Check with the manufacturer of the third-party card for compatibility information. Nikon recommends keeping one of the approved cards available for troubleshooting."

Something like this happened to me recently with my computer. I wanted another internal hard drive so I got a 250GB drive and after installation I found out that it only recognizes up to 100GB drives (old, I know :blushing:). Lucky it still worked but I can't use the extra capacity.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back