Life's simple pet peeves

i hate it when people have a f***ing reunion in the middle of the grocery aisle that i need to be in. they are too self centered to notice that they have the whole aisle blocked and no one can get through!!!quote]

I work part time at a grocery store, and ya that is SUPER annoying. I love when people look right at me when I pull a heavy pallet onto the floor, and continue to watch me take the long way around their little pow wow. :x

^^^ Thus the reason I am in college. I wouldn't be able to do this for a living.

Please excuse my noobidity and not knowing how to quote correctly

I can't stand when people (a few people I know) can't keep a constant speed on the highway, when I drive on 195, I keep between 70 to 75MPH, they get on the highway and hit the gas, let off, hit it again, just keep your friggin foot at one point to keep your car at one speed or use the cruise control!! :grumpy:

Oh D-Ice that is such a true statement. How about when someone is crawling along on the highway and you go to pass them and they suddenly realize they are going 15km/h below the speed limit and speed up along side you. D'oh!

People who drive 45 in a 55mph zone, then hit a 35mph zone and continue going 45.
Singing a check in the bank parking lot, accidentally hitting the horn while signing on the steering wheel.
A nice box of Krispy Kremes at work - empty.

RD

CD and DVD wrapping and stickers. Who unwraps a DVD case in a store and steals the disc these days anyways?!?

this one is pissing me off to no extent...there is this new person in the office and out of no where they will start coughing and its this repetitive cough that doesn't stop for around 5 minutes or so...i actually had to go downstairs yesterday because it was driving me crazzzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i know if this person just would get a drink of water or something it would stop. I have even offered water, but no, this person doesn't drink water "I don't like the taste" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

this one is pissing me off to no extent...there is this new person in the office and out of no where they will start coughing and its this repetitive cough that doesn't stop for around 5 minutes or so...i actually had to go downstairs yesterday because it was driving me crazzzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i know if this person just would get a drink of water or something it would stop. I have even offered water, but no, this person doesn't drink water "I don't like the taste" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

How about the people that sniffle for the longest time and let everone around them hear the snotty, nasty noises they can make. Offer them a tissue and they're completely disinterested. "No thanks." Grosses me out beyond belief.

Oh yes, quickshot, you are sooo right. We have one lady in CHOIR REHEARSAL (of all places) do this. Over and again and again. Sniffle. Sniffle. Sniiiifffle. Ugh. "Hey, take this!" (paper hanky). "No thanks, nothing helps". But we may suffer it - and in choir practise even? Oh nooo! :roll:

its funny you bring that up...we had a person like that working at one of our locations that i was going to nearly every day for a few weeks. One day i said jokingly "hey lay off the blow!" he stopped the sniffing after that :lol:

How about the people that sniffle for the longest time and let everone around them hear the snotty, nasty noises they can make. Offer them a tissue and they're completely disinterested. "No thanks." Grosses me out beyond belief.

In general, I hate, hate, HATE people who think they are better than everyone else. Cocky, arrogant people. I have a story that goes along with this and need to vent, so bear with me.
I work as a reporter for a community newspaper. My paper is one of about 17 or so other community newspapers owned by a large daily that pretty much owns every other publication in and around the city.
Anyway, I worked with this guy for almost two years until this past November when he got a "promotion" (I put that in quotations because it was pretty much a lateral move and a position that no one else wanted) within the company and moved to an afternoon "supplement" of the large daily in the city.
Though that paper is pretty much a joke, he thinks he is hot **** now because he can say he works for the daily and has taken it upon himself to edit our paper! Since he lives close to our office and obviously has a lot of free time on his hands, he periodically stops in with an issue of our paper from the previous week all red-inked up from his edits and tells my editor all of the things that he thought should have been different, etc.
Now I am all for and can take constructive criticism, but coming from him in his snide little way, a person who I just worked with for two years and who is not a better writer than any of the rest of us here, it makes me want to haul off and sock him every time I see him.

Sorry for the rant. I feel better now.

My husband's car not starting while I'm here at Ft. Benning needing it for transportation.

*WARNING - RANT AHEAD*

It was in the shop and supposedly fixed last week - they replaced the alternater. Then on Sunday morning - won't start. Sunday afternoon - starts. Monday mornig 4:40am when I need to drive my husband to his barracks - won't start. The garage tows it, charges us for the tow even though they were supposed to have fixed it the first time and replaces the coils to something. So Tuesday I finally get to pick it up and it starts and we meet friends for dinner. All is good.

This morning at 3:30am when I need to drive my husband again to his barracks - won't start. The garage says that they can't do anything else for it besides replace random parts.

I've been outside trying it like every hour and still no luck. There were things that really needed to be done today - not to mention the fact that we are supposed to be leaving here tomorrow for Tampa and Miami before heading home.

Plus, my husband hasn't gotten paid since Jan 15. They promised him that he would get it all today and guess what - it's not there. Great. Effing fantastic. I'm having a wonderful week - how about you? I'm off to call a taxi I guess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back