Ligh trails at Nerima, Tokyo

mightyfly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took this recently from an overhead bridge at Nerima, in Tokyo. Please feel free to comment or critic, thanks! :)

P1040017e_800.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like it needs some post processing. I'd definitely correct the color, bump the contrast pretty hard and sharpen at the bare minimum. The composition is very good, but if anything I'd go for a slightly longer shutter speed so we don't actually see the "ghosts" of the cars.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, Antithesis! I have tried to make the contrast higher initially, but it ended up loosing much of the yellowish "shine" on the road and those on the buildings on the right side. I didn't like how it turned out as the scene doesn't seem to reflect the intensity of the light trails. So after comparing both versions, I thought I'd prefer this current one. :)

Hmm, I also kinda like the "ghost cars" especially with the "sparkle" of the headlights at the beginning of the light trails. I thought they made the photo looks more interesting then the usual light-trail photographs. But I know where you're coming from, and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me. I'm planning to take more light-trail photographs, with a longer shutter speed this time round. I'll post the new photos up whenever possible, please continue to share with me your thoughts on them. Thanks, once again!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back