Light on Nikon

CNCO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am wondering if there is a way to turn the light off of a nikon that is located next to the aperture adjuster. I am going to shoot an athletic event and I do not want the light to turn on during the event.

I am not talking about the flash, the light that is on the front side. Even if the settings for the flash are off, there is still a problem.

Is that maybe the AF assist light? Check your manual for turning it on or off.

Yes, I believe that is what it is called. I have to turn mine off all the time during gymnastics meets after I got yelled at last year. It's not a flash per se, but it still bothered the judges.

Go into Menu, and Flash/Braketing. I think it is in there.

^^ :thumbup: Big Mike

See pages 28 & 87.

Yes, I believe that is what it is called. I have to turn mine off all the time during gymnastics meets after I got yelled at last year. It's not a flash per se, but it still bothered the judges.

Go into Menu, and Flash/Braketing. I think it is in there.

In the D90 I believe it's in the Autofocus section of the menu labeled AF Assist Light or something like that. I had to turn mine off awhile back because the light drives my 2 1/2 year old crazy. He would always block the light (and possible pictures) with his hands.

Most reactions

Back