Light, pattern & texture

Al_H

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first image posting. I liked the way the light created an interesting mix of pattern and texture, but then I tend to like anything graphic.

BathroomDoor_V2-web.jpg

C&C most appreciated ...

I really like your shot here Al,, very nicely composed with very nice lines, also love that you did it in B&W,,it has a very nice tonal range ,, welcome from one noob to another ;)

Thanks for the kind comments.

Heya Al H, welcome to ThePhotoForum!!!

Lovely first contribution to our forums.
I love lines, patterns, shapes, texture, shadows, reflections, too!
So this photo speaks to me.
Took me a while to recognise the doorknob for what it is, but ... now I did and I like it. That little "scene" would have attracted me, too, and I would have taken its photo, I think.
Did you take it in black and white or did you convert it?
Whatever you did: exposure is perfect.

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind comments, Corinna. I've always been a fan of graphics and tend to be drawn to graphical subjects.

I shot this in Raw, then converted it to B&W. The image was almost entirely black and white anyway, except for a slight color diffraction caused by the sun going through the glass knob.

Might do another shot with that as the subject, but in this one it was the patterns and texture that appealed.

I have done a 2nd, darker version which seems to bring out the details more.

BathroomDoor_V1a-web.jpg

This version seems to have gotten more favorable votes from those who've seen both.

Yes, now that I see both, also I prefer the darker version because the lines from the window blinds show more and add some more to the play of light and shadow, patterns, textures and lines.

I love the second one too, I think I'd like to see the coloured version for comparison as well. (I like to see different versions of things, whether its colour or position, guess I'm just weird :) )

I prefer the first. The lighter version makes it have more of an abstract quality and for me, it's more about the shapes and textures than the subject itself, which I find very appealing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back