Light Rail.. long exposure

35mm4me

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.onelightimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Light Rail speeds by on its tracks as it sprinkle color on the lake.

$bridge lights train (1 of 1).jpg

i really like the photo. its gorgeous. it leaves me confused at the same time. The light on the top of the train, seems to give a lightstream, movement. But what i think must be windows, isn't moving. so im wondering how it was a long exposure. im not quite understanding the train looking at it. Beautiful though.

i really like the photo. its gorgeous. it leaves me confused at the same time. The light on the top of the train, seems to give a lightstream, movement. But what i think must be windows, isn't moving. so im wondering how it was a long exposure. im not quite understanding the train looking at it. Beautiful though.

Weird yes…it’s the railing to the bridge…:D

Weird yes…it’s the railing to the bridge…:D
geesh. sorry. i didn't even see that at first. i thought it was part of the train. Now that im looking at the poles i can see how there is a railing in front of the train.

okay. looking at it again, i like it from a distance. so i like it but blowing it up i wonder if it would be a problem. The light reflecting on the water blew out . the refecting light from the train turns kind of goopy as you follow it in. just kind of looking around the frame, im wondering if the color went to high or something, if you put this to size it would show too many things wrong. i cant really tell on this screen, just from what i see looking closer. The railing, i probably should have caught, but it wasn't real defined either. not sure why.
so i like it, beautiful, but wonder if it would look as good blown up or on a bigger screen than im seeing it on.

I might back the exposure down JUST a bit, but overall it's a very nice shot and very well executed from a night photo standpoint. I think bribus is crazy here. I do a lot of night photography, and while the subject matter here isn't AMAZING, it's a very good shot and very well done.

I might back the exposure down JUST a bit, but overall it's a very nice shot and very well executed from a night photo standpoint. I think bribus is crazy here. I do a lot of night photography, and while the subject matter here isn't AMAZING, it's a very good shot and very well done.

just trying to give a honest critique. its probably better than i could have done. im wondering if maybe the exposure wasn't long enough. i took a photo of seagulls in the evening a while back. short click obviously. when dramatically brought up the light in post they started looking cartoonish and the refection on the water was kind of like this. But it was because it was so dark to start with, i processed the hell out of it jacked up the shadow dlight and exposure so far trying to correct it. jacked up the color too. maybe the exposure wasn't long enough? don't know. Beautiful but up close, ill have to see it on a bigger screen i guess.

With night exposures, it's best to overexpose slightly and then back off in post processing. (use RAW)

The exposure OP has in this is pretty much perfect. It just needs to be backed down a little bit.

Just so you know where I'm coming from with this...

Boston%20Early%20Evening%20and%20Night%20-%20Financial%20District%20Area%20-%20043%20pro%2016%20CROP.jpg

im wondering if it was underexposed then jack up in pp and the color and dlight jacked too.

it

was

not

underexposed.

I'm trying to think if there's some other way I can say this to you, but I can't really think of one more clear than that.

it

was

not

underexposed.

I'm trying to think if there's some other way I can say this to you, but I can't really think of one more clear than that.
how can you tell? it's been processed. i only say that because i've done that before and came out with these characteristics playing with it in post.

To o.p. please don't take this wrong, it is a beautiful pic. consider this a technical inquiry. sorry.

okay. looking at it again, i like it from a distance. so i like it but blowing it up i wonder if it would be a problem. The light reflecting on the water blew out . the refecting light from the train turns kind of goopy as you follow it in. just kind of looking around the frame, im wondering if the color went to high or something, if you put this to size it would show too many things wrong. i cant really tell on this screen, just from what i see looking closer. The railing, i probably should have caught, but it wasn't real defined either. not sure why.
so i like it, beautiful, but wonder if it would look as good blown up or on a bigger screen than im seeing it on.
I totally see what you are seeing. The light from the train and the water is sprinkled ( only word I could come up with) on the water because of the long exposure and the train was moving…so picture this the train is moving fast as it passes by it distributes light on the water,, but not in a continues line. If you look at the building reflections they are full and not broken, it’s just a weird effect that happen because of the trains motion...... I have sold 40x30 prints on metal and they are tack sharp…..

With night exposures, it's best to overexpose slightly and then back off in post processing. (use RAW)

The exposure OP has in this is pretty much perfect. It just needs to be backed down a little bit.

Boston%20Early%20Evening%20and%20Night%20-%20Financial%20District%20Area%20-%20043%20pro%2016%20CROP.jpg
Awesome Image…:D

Awesome Image…:D
it is pretty decent. That location looks strangely familiar to me. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back