What's new

Lighting for a new-born portait

Lephty

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 27, 2010
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Vancouver Island, BC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My sister-in-law is going to be having a new baby any day now and as a gift I would like to snap some portaits of the new-born. Does anybody have any suggestion in terms of lighting or any other tip or tricks?​
 
I do quite well with a single SB-600 that I fire through a 33" umbrella. Small and easy to move around so it doesn't get in the way. Natural light and a large aperture are also good. If you take some shots at the hospital, a B&W conversion does a good job of minimizing background distractions.
 
My sister-in-law is going to be having a new baby any day now and as a gift I would like to snap some portaits of the new-born. Does anybody have any suggestion in terms of lighting or any other tip or tricks?​

My wife and I are going to be having our second child May 3rd so this thread title caught my eye. I plan on using 2 SB-600's with umbrellas and my 50mm f/1.8 a lot.






p!nK
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom