Lighting on a budget

denawayne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
And when I say budget, I mean low budget. Here's my setup so far. I have a Nikon D40, an SB400 speedflash with off camera sync cord, an umbrella on a tripod, and a couple of muslim backdrops.

I'm actually getting some decent shots but I really need to add a flash. Can somebody point me in the right direction to obtaining a cheap flash and slave for my second light. Maybe I can find something on Ebay for a low price.

I'm trying to photograph my children if that makes a difference.

And when I say budget, I mean low budget. Here's my setup so far. I have a Nikon D40, an SB400 speedflash with off camera sync cord, an umbrella on a tripod, and a couple of muslim backdrops.

I'm actually getting some decent shots but I really need to add a flash. Can somebody point me in the right direction to obtaining a cheap flash and slave for my second light. Maybe I can find something on Ebay for a low price.

I'm trying to photograph my children if that makes a difference.

Uh, I think you've probably got "muslin" backdrops, right??? As far as an inexpensive flash and a remote trigger, eBay would be a good source. Some of the better web sites, like FlashZebra.com are also an excellent source for information and product ideas.

Not sure if you have seen the Strobist.com blog--that also has a lot of information. The forum here also has a number of members like Village Idiot and Big Mike who are a wealth of information on off-camera flash equipment, references, and techniques, so look for their posts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back