lightpainted landscape

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
gardenbck.jpg

what do you think? . . . i think i need to get a 17-55 nikon f/2.8 so i can have sharper edges is what i think.

It's impossible to see if the edges aren't sharp with Pixels the size of legos.

It looks fantastic. It's a very beutiful image.

legos ? wow..(what does that mean? )

Ok, anyways,

nice shot man, I like the cleanness of the levels, good symetry in white and black levels.

What does "light painted" mean exactly?
And can I see any not-so-sharp edges?
*strains her old eyes*
No.
I can't!

i'm guessing by legos he meant you can't tell with that small of a file . . . but i swear i can see it.

and lafoto! i havn't gotten any comments from you in a while!!!!! where have you been? . . . maybe i'm posting at different times than usual.

light painting is a technique you use to selectivly expose areas of a shot.

for this set up (in total darkness) i set up on a tripod, framed the shot, opened the shutter. while it was open for the next 30 seconds i scrambled around shining a flashlight in the spots i wanted light, and not shining it where i don't want light.

you can totally control every aspect of the shot.

daveblackphotography.com has some good lightpainting tutorials, and lots of people do the same thing but use a flash to expose versus continuous light.

this really didn't make me think much until I read your explaination of lightpainting.

...WOW! :)

Mike, I have always been around, but there is only so little I can say about portraits since I only know so little about them, and that is what you seem to be doing primarily.
So that may be why we haven't met in a thread of yours for some time.
My own threads are mostly here in landscape and nature.

Erm ... well, this is the General Gallery, but ... you know. There is where you find me most.

haha, lafoto, i'm going to have to start making a point to comment on your threads!!!!

I really like this. It looks just fine to me.

beautiful, nice lighting and im loving the grey values. id like to see some of your people pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back