Thanks Everyone, yeah I like 3 too, I wish the car had come out better in the first, because writing is HARD, I used my Nikon D90 on bulb mode and just opened the shutter with my remote and "painted" the car with the flashlights, any will do, just used diff color ones on the headlights, the longer you paint the brighter the colors will be
This is My boyfriends Volvo S60R, he just installed the intercooler in so he wanted new photos...i went a lil overboard.
I think the only thing you have to remember about light painting is wear dark clothes and don't shine the light toward the camera (unless you want to write something) and let the exposure run like 15 sec after you are done to take out any parts that are too bright, it takes a REALLLY long time to get anything good but practice make perfect

oh and tripod is def needed and remote is like the best thing ever
Thank you again to everyone, hoping to go out for a serious shoot of friends cars on the weekend of the 17th (new moon = better shots) so ill post more when we come back!