Lightpainting in my Garage Last Night C&C Welcome

nokili

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Warning: These were taken on a whim and have MANY flaws, just like to see what everyone thinks about the direction I'm going with these and maybe some ideas, I REALLY love light painting and would love to hear/see anything anyone has done in the past.

1)
DSC_0362.jpg

2)
DSC_0353.jpg

3)
DSC_0357.jpg

4)
DSC_0350.jpg

Those look great. i wish i could light paint, i still haven't tried it.

where were you standing with the light to do those paintings?

ps. badass volvo with the FMIC. how much power? S40R?

Are those headlight wipers?? Ha awesome

Those look great. i wish i could light paint, i still haven't tried it.

where were you standing with the light to do those paintings?

so long as you dont end up illuminating yourself you can stand wherever you want when light painting... no light on you = no you as far as the camera is concerned. there is some ambient light with his, so to combat that you just move around fast enough to not have enough light hit you to register with the camera. you can see him as a ghost in the first one.

if you have an iphone there's a free app called 'flashlight' that has white, red, green, blue, and a custom color that can be useful for lightpainting. just cover it up with your hand when you don't want it to register to the camera.

looks like he also hit it with a flash in #3, cool effect.

How is this done?

Very easy but fun. Just grab a light. An LED is nice any color the more the better i just have some red star trek light from a cereal box. Hopefully you have a remote release for the shutter. Open the shutter when you are ready and write or draw whatever you want (remember it is going to be backwards) and then close the shutter and check out your sick pics that you just took! If you don't have a remote set a shutter speed 10+ seconds at least and see what time works best! GL
Tj

I like those photos. It's pretty cool! I agree with jnm. #3 is cool. I think that's my favorite.

So for the headlights you jut waved the light back and forth infront of the light?

I actually got a shutter release last week.... SCORE!

Thanks Everyone, yeah I like 3 too, I wish the car had come out better in the first, because writing is HARD, I used my Nikon D90 on bulb mode and just opened the shutter with my remote and "painted" the car with the flashlights, any will do, just used diff color ones on the headlights, the longer you paint the brighter the colors will be

This is My boyfriends Volvo S60R, he just installed the intercooler in so he wanted new photos...i went a lil overboard.

I think the only thing you have to remember about light painting is wear dark clothes and don't shine the light toward the camera (unless you want to write something) and let the exposure run like 15 sec after you are done to take out any parts that are too bright, it takes a REALLLY long time to get anything good but practice make perfect :) oh and tripod is def needed and remote is like the best thing ever

Thank you again to everyone, hoping to go out for a serious shoot of friends cars on the weekend of the 17th (new moon = better shots) so ill post more when we come back!

instead of writing it backwards why don't you write it forwards and flip the picture in PP?

Kondro86.... Not sure she was requesting a "post your own" thread.

Just sayin.

Hahah that's ok those are very cool too! I <3 them :p

And I dont flip it in post cause working hard for a shot makes it more fun :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back