What's new

Lightroom 3 vs LR2?

Darkhunter139

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 27, 2009
Messages
768
Reaction score
3
Location
Valley Forge, PA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is Lightroom 3 worth the upgrade over Lightroom 2 I can get it for $80 at school so I am considering doing it.


How hard is it to move your catalog from 2 to 3?
 
I'm pretty sure the catalog move is a breeze. Just click something like update catalog or something and it will transfer it for you. I never really used LR2 but LR3 is a very good program. If you don't feel like you need anything though than you can just save that money imo. GL

TJ
 
Yes it's worth it. It's as easy as importing your existing LRCAT file and it does all the rest. Off the top of my head, the biggest reasons to upgrade are the much better noise reduction functions and the integrated custom watermark features. But there are a lot of small reasons as well.
 
Being a student you can get the Student Edition of Lightroom 3 for $99.

Lightroom 3 has many nice improvments over Lightroom 2.
 
Being a student you can get the Student Edition of Lightroom 3 for $99.

Lightroom 3 has many nice improvments over Lightroom 2.

My school has it for $80 so I think I am going to do it. Thanks!
 
My school has it for $80 so I think I am going to do it. Thanks!
take two, sell one :)
 
LR3 is more advanced than LR2 and well worth the upgrade. The move is simple and painless. Just install the software and follow the prompts.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom