Lightroom questions

JClishe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. Is there a way to mass-edit the "Include on Export" keyword tag option? I didn't pay attention to this option when I created my keyword list, and now I'd like to go back and disable this option, but I'd rather not have to change it manually for every keyword if there's an easier way.

2. When you take a snapshot you have the option to "Copy Snapshot Settings to Before". Once you do this, is there anyway to revert the "Before" settings all the way back to the original unedited image? I want to do Before / After comparisons of the original and my edited version, but ever since I selected "copy snapshot settings to before" on this particular image, the before / after comparisons are always using the snapshot as the "before", and that's not what I want. I want the original image as the "before" image.

Nevermind on the 2nd question, I figured it out. I did a Reset All, took a snapshot and called it Original, selected "Copy Snapshot Settings to Before" on the Original snapshot, then deleted the Original snapshot. That reverted the "before" settings back to the Original, and even though I deleted the Original snapshot, the "before" settings held. Problem solved.

You dont even have to take a snapshot of the original. There is a way to display a before and after. The little XY icon thing underneath the photo on the library. I am not at home so I cant really direct you.

You dont even have to take a snapshot of the original. There is a way to display a before and after. The little XY icon thing underneath the photo on the library. I am not at home so I cant really direct you.

Exactly.

AND...when you select "Copy Snapshot Settings to Before" on a snapshot, that snapshot now becomes the "Before" image when you display the before and after. I don't want that; I want the "before" image to be the original unedited image.

Ok.. you lost me.. but it looks like you found your answer LOL.

Ok.. you lost me.. but it looks like you found your answer LOL.

Thanks for playing! :)

Seriously though, if you go into the Develop module and open a photo that you have snapshots for, then right-click one of the snapshots and select "Copy Snapshot Settings to Before", then click the snapshot and hit "Y" to do a before/after comparison, you'll see exactly what I mean. The before/after will be the same. So then your next logical question will be, "ok great, now how do I get back to the original before?" That was my question. Which I figured out. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back