Lightweight Is Nice!

SCraig

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
sc-photo-tn.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been using a Manfrotto 190XB aluminum tripod for several years with either a Giottos MH1001 ball head or Manfrotto 410 geared head. I splurged today and bought a Manfrotto 190CXPRO3 carbon fiber tripod with a Manfrotto 054-Q2 magnesium head. What a difference! It's so light I feel like I could hang it on my belt or something ;) It feels like the tripod and head weighs less than my old tripod without a head, or less than the 410 head alone. I was browsing the local camera store today and it was just one of those I-don't-need-this-but-I-sure-want-it sort of purchases, but after I played with it a while I'm really glad I got it.

I'm going to an airshow tomorrow so it will get a workout I hope.

I've wanted a carbon fiber tripod for a long while, and standing in the store looking at it, thinking about humping all my stuff across that enormous aircraft apron they use for aparking lot tomorrow, and thinking about how nice it would be to shed a few pounds just talked me into it ;) Now if I could just shed all the other unwanted pounds around my belt line I'd have it made!

"...I-don't-need-this-but-I-sure-want-it "

You deserve it, dude! Sounds like one sweet,lightweight pod...last weekend after shooting my Bogen 3021, apprx. 14.5 pounds with its Gitzo ball head, I was thinking, "You know....onenna' them lightweight, carbon-fibre Gitzos would sure as he!! be nice!!!"

"...I-don't-need-this-but-I-sure-want-it "

You deserve it, dude! Sounds like one sweet,lightweight pod...last weekend after shooting my Bogen 3021, apprx. 14.5 pounds with its Gitzo ball head, I was thinking, "You know....onenna' them lightweight, carbon-fibre Gitzos would sure as he!! be nice!!!"
Yup, it was worth it! Heading back to my truck hauling my camera bag (completely full Tamrac 5612), another bag with my 150-500, a folding chair, a rain jacket (that I needed), a couple of empty water bottles, plus that new lightweight tripod I was really, really glad I splurged for it ;)

Most reactions

Back