Liking likes and disagreeing with disagrees

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, we all (most anyway) probably enjoy when someone likes a post we put up, some enjoy the arguemenative side, but on recent posts I noticed that sometimes a disagree goes up and the receiver seems to disagree with the poster as if to fight back.

Do you take the disagreements personally?

It appears some do

This is probably one reason most social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, and whatnot) do not have "dislike" options. Because there would be repercussions. And fighting. And drama.

I don't take dislikes/disagreements personally, but I dislike that there is a "disagree" option on TPF.

I think the "disagree" option does NOTHING positive for this forum, whatsoever. It sucks. It serves no benefit, and brings with it only bad feelings. We have just a select few people on here who have been using the Disagree button, and it has done nothing positive, at all.

Eh, its easier to just click a button to show my distaste than to having to write out a long post.

Ok, we all (most anyway) probably enjoy when someone likes a post we put up, some enjoy the arguemenative side, but on recent posts I noticed that sometimes a disagree goes up and the receiver seems to disagree with the poster as if to fight back.

Do you take the disagreements personally?

It appears some do
nah, I don't take feedback personally. I honestly prefer some amount of disagreement over just constant likes. I feel like there are a few posters on here who people are very hesitant to disagree with them because they're so nice. Some people feel betrayed if their "friend" on TPF disagrees with them.

We're talking about art, if there isn't a healthy amount of conflicting viewpoints and disagreement, then something is wrong.

I don't mind a Dislike as long as the person using it explains their position.

Unfortunately, that's NOT how they're being used currently...we have a small group using them in a very lax manner...just clicking Disagree as a way to flick $hit at others...

i wonder how a dislike button WOULD work out. That could provide some entertainment.

i wonder how a dislike button WOULD work out. That could provide some entertainment.
for all intents and purposes, it seems to be the same exact way as the disagree button is currently working.

Unfortunately, that's NOT how they're being used currently...we have a small group using them in a very lax manner...just clicking Disagree as a way to flick $hit at others...
I think the primary issue with why people don't use the disagree for respectful disagreement is that it displays in the person's info like a mark of shame. I think this sort of serves to make people not want to disagree, for sake of not wanting their ratings to go down.

i think the agree, disagree, like are great for people on the go that don't have much time to comment. All of which have the potential to be misused, over used, as Derrel mentioned (agree with that part). While it would be easier to get rid of the disagree button (just like we don't have a dislike button) i wonder if a poster would be disserviced over it if they have only one or two comments with no one with the time to answer with a disagreeing response and not disagree button to utilize. Something as simple as xxxx opinion can mislead a o.p into thinking that is the common belief with no xDISAGREE to give the o.p at least a pause and look further into the matter.

Most reactions

Back