Lil JJ

alisonboland

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.alisonboland.com
Hey all,

Took this picture the other day of my friend's niece. I found it almost impossible to shoot manual in really variable lighting condition with a child that couldn't sit still. This is my favourite out of the bunch though :)

jade_small.jpg

Love to know what you think

XX
Ali

alisonboland said:
I found it almost impossible to shoot manual in really variable lighting condition with a child that couldn't sit still.

A recurring nightmare, I'm afraid. Ya get what ya can.

I'm left wanting to see her lovely face. Oh well.

Pete

i really like the first shot... crisp and clear...may have been even more engaging if she was looking up at you... i love little kids eyes! xx but also know how darn difficult they can be to shoot - i have a 2 & a 4yr old!

I like the last one the best because you can see her face more. I love how she looks kind of ****ed off. I've had so many of those shoots lately! lol

I really like the third pic. I like the lighting from behind, and it gives a bit more natural coloring in the skin. The third one also has the most contrast... which I am super picky about. The expression also gives off a good attitude.

In my opinion, you can rarely go wrong with black and white portraits of kids, and it shows here. In the first, the calm and somewhat thoughtful posture and look (though I wish I could see a tad bit more of her eyes, but as we all know, these subjects run their own shows ;)) works so well. In the third, seeing her eyes is great, along with the lighting which makes he skin look so soft.

Great job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back