Lincoln Memorial seen a little bit differently

Trblmkr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am aware of all the flaws with this picture, but after I processed all I could say was "WOW"
I didn't post this in HDR because I'm sure most people would dislike it, but I wanted to share.

Thanks for looking

Creative Lincoln Monument by trbl_2, on Flickr

I think it would be a lot better if it were not leaning to the right.

Thanks for looking and glad you like it pisto1981.

SCraig, I didn't want to crop it and make it straight. I took the picture at the angle I did because I think it looks more interesting then just normal straight up and down pillars. We've seen 100's of 1000's of shots like that.
But I do appreciate you looking and at least making a comment.

Thanks for looking and glad you like it pisto1981.

SCraig, I didn't want to crop it and make it straight. I took the picture at the angle I did because I think it looks more interesting then just normal straight up and down pillars. We've seen 100's of 1000's of shots like that.
But I do appreciate you looking and at least making a comment.

In my opinion, if you want an intentional angle then it needs to be exaggerated more. A slight angle like that looks like the photographer just didn't get it straight, hence my original comment.

Personally, and again it's just my personal opinion, an angle seldom helps a photograph and is greatly overused. The Dutch Angle is a technique used to show tension in a shot. If adding tension to a scene was not your intention then the use of an angle probably doesn't have the intended consequences.

I'm one of those who squawk about overprocessed HDR but in this case I don't think it is. I actually think the processing is quite well done and makes for a more interesting photograph.

I'm with SCraig on this. The slight cant of the image just bugs the bejeezies out of me.

When you do a tilt, you just have to make sure you do it with purpose and intent.

For example... (I had to photoshop in pieces to make this work, but I did it quick so it's a bit of a hack job)

$8685083793_d82630f1eb_b.jpg

Do something like this with it, and I think you have neat shot.

Straightening it would make it too dull.

A Dutch Angle needs to have an actual reason for its use beyond, "look how I can tilt the camera" for me to buy into it, and I'm not seeing it in this case.

I also agree with others in that, if it's going to be used, it should be used intentionally so that it's recognized as such, rather than so slightly that it just looks like a crooked picture oversight resulting in a badly composed shot.

I like the use of the HDR effect in this one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back