Lincoln Park Zoo

yellowjeep

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
nickginther.imagekind.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I guess photographing wildlife in a zoo is cheating but I had a good time anyway. Here are a few and a link to the set.

2462636045_c98e936c96.jpg

2462567141_e2aeba36e0.jpg

Lincoln Park Zoo set

tis not cheating - tis cost effiency ;)

Looks like you had a good day, though I think the sun was hiding from you - but a really good selection of shots - and very few with bars in the way.
Colour and lighting wise I thing your meerkats came off the best - we this a sunny patch or did you alter your pp of the shots?

I always feel that way too (cheating), but regardless... nice shots. I like the second one particularly. Kind of a curious look on the critter's face.

It's funny, though, all my lion shots look just like yours. Poor, bored lions.

Looks like you had a good day, though I think the sun was hiding from you - but a really good selection of shots - and very few with bars in the way.
Colour and lighting wise I thing your meerkats came off the best - we this a sunny patch or did you alter your pp of the shots?

It was nasty all day yesterday, not really zoo weather but since I'm leaving on Thursday I was then or not at all. It was worth it. The sun was nowhere to be seen. The meerkats really were cheating because they were inside the Africa house:wink:. I really didn't do anything to those but bump up the temp a few degrees.

When we walk up on the lion he was sleeping, and then He popped his head up and kind of half yawned half roared and then just went right back to sleep. I really wish I could have got that shot but I wasn't ready.

ahh but remember that cats are the kings of sleep! I think to get action or lively shots in a zoo of big cats its a case of luck in passing by at the right moment, going when they have cubs or finding a nice seat and watching all day (and hopeing that its not a sleeping day ;))

boosting the temp can add a nice lighting to a picture, but I find that it starts to make it too red (redder than normal) so I also reduce the tint (into the green) by a very small fraction to bring the colour back to normal - grass and trees make this easy
http://overread.wordpress.com/page/4/
my cheating with light

When I PP in lightroom, I usually hit auto WB and work backward from there. It gives be a place to start and then I find a neutral tone with the dropper. Then just like you said, I end up taking a lot of magenta out of the shot at the end.:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back