Liquify or something...help!

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The lady on the right doesn't like her hips in this photo...she would like it shrinking. :)

I have tried messing with the liquify stuff in CS6 but struggle with it. Anyone prepared to show me how it's done, by tutorial or written instructions? I can't seem to follow the instructions I have seen on some tutorials, so if you know of a good one, I'd live to see it.

_TS_0136 by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

Link to full size...don't worry about the background, I can deal with that. :)

You can start by simply rescaling the left side of the photograph a hair, left to right. The attached shows how much I rescaled the rectangle that basically just contains her (and a piece of her husband's sleeve). I think it's convincing? Maybe not? Definitely need a light hand with THIS sort of game, but this plus a little liquify magic (which I can't help with at all -- sorry) might suit.

$foo.jpg

I used the liquify filter for this. I did not actually use the liquify brush itself. I used a combo of push left, and pucker tools. Try experimenting with those to get the result that you like.

$8419108773_823a934b6c_o-copy.jpg

Just remember when you bring in her side/hip area you'll have to bloat/unbloat the legs to match. Lots of back and forth, but only practice will help. Personally I'd start by pushing in at various sizes from right to left, tuck here tuck there, keep it natural, only slimmer. I'll play with it later if you like, just got up and need to run through my set from last night.

You can start by simply rescaling the left side of the photograph a hair, left to right. The attached shows how much I rescaled the rectangle that basically just contains her (and a piece of her husband's sleeve). I think it's convincing? Maybe not? Definitely need a light hand with THIS sort of game, but this plus a little liquify magic (which I can't help with at all -- sorry) might suit.

View attachment 34086

I used the liquify filter for this. I did not actually use the liquify brush itself. I used a combo of push left, and pucker tools. Try experimenting with those to get the result that you like.

View attachment 34096

Just remember when you bring in her side/hip area you'll have to bloat/unbloat the legs to match. Lots of back and forth, but only practice will help. Personally I'd start by pushing in at various sizes from right to left, tuck here tuck there, keep it natural, only slimmer. I'll play with it later if you like, just got up and need to run through my set from last night.

Thank you all. I will look through those links in a minute. I do think I have managed a reasonable attempt at this, so when I finish the quick edit, I'll post it up so you can see..

Cheers all.

I think it looks pretty good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back