LIST BLACK FRIDAY DEALs!

wow....i dont know why i would need 96gb of memory for shooting but for some reason i want it.

I hate to go off topic, but before anyone buys those Extreme III cards for $300, keep in mind a thread a while back where someone mention going a step up (Extreme IV?) and it fixed his crummy video performance. Seems that would be the main reason for getting expensive performance driven 32gig cards IMO to start with.

I'd never buy a card larger than 8GB for any camera body. If the card malfunctions, that's a lot of lost data. Some would probably argue that 8GB is too much.

+1 ^ ^ ^ ^ ^. I have one 8 GB card. It was part of the deal on a body I bought. I've never used for the reason dhilberg mentions. Fear of loosing that much data (images). 4 GB max here. A couple hundred RAW images per card is all I'm willing to risk.

I could see 32 GB for video, but for still cameras? That's just ludicrous IMO, not to mention very expensive for memory. You can buy 30x that (96GB) of external storage for $299.95.

I have a 4gb, 2gb, and a 1gb. Started with the 1gb, and after the first time I filled it, I bought the 2gb. Bought the 4gb after filling that.

Now, a couple years later, I still haven't filled the 4gb yet, and if I did I have 3gb more in my bag.

I never did the Black Friday thing... I don't really think the deals are worth the hassle...

I never did the Black Friday thing... I don't really think the deals are worth the hassle...

Amen to that. Although something just occurred to me: it might make a good photo opportunity. I am now curious to see what the desperate crowds dashing through the doors looking for incredible deals on useless stuff would look like in a couple of carefully measured shots...

I have a 4gb, 2gb, and a 1gb. Started with the 1gb, and after the first time I filled it, I bought the 2gb. Bought the 4gb after filling that.

Now, a couple years later, I still haven't filled the 4gb yet, and if I did I have 3gb more in my bag.

While on our big vacation 3 years ago. We were shooting over 8 gb a day! Now thats shooting Raw+JPG. Lots of shots to say the least. Well over 70 CD's written from a single trip. Talking about wanting a blu-ray writer then. :lol: Even a DVD writer would have been nice then.

At the time we had a couple 4gb cards and several 1gb cards. Now we have 3-Extreme III 8GB's, 3-Extreme III 4-GB's and the original 4's and 1's. As I actually ran out of HD space on that trip. Had to stop twice for 50-pack CD's.

And I figured with megapixels still going up. The bigger cards are going to be needed sooner or later.

I'm with you. There's really no such thing as black Friday, it's mostly just clearing out stock and lowering prices that were jacked up the week before.

On the other hand, Cyber-Monday is where it's at

My girlfriend and her mom and sisters do the Black Friday thing every year. I think they hit their first destination at around 5am. :lol:

I don't know how they can stand it. It's just not worth it to me. Didn't someone get trampled to death at a Wal-Mart on Black Friday last year? Or the year before? All to save a couple of bucks. :confused:

I just got back from my sister and brother in-law's Thanksgiving dinner,and when I got home, there was a Nikon USA Black Friday sales circular delivered to my e-mail box.

The Nikon Black Friday sale is here:
http://www.nikoncircular.com/11.26.09/

They have $200 off of the 70-300 VR with purchase of a D5000, D90, D300s,or D700, which is listed as a "4.3x zoom". The D700 is $2699.

They have moved the D300s to "new low price" of $1699.

The D5000 kit with "3x 18-55 VR Zoom~Nikkor lens,camera case and DVD" is now now knocked down to $699, or $150 off the regular price. The D3000 one-lens kit has been reduced to $499. If you buy either a D3000 or D5000, the 55-200 non-VR lens is only $99, or the VR model is $149--so, both of those lenses have $100 off the normal price.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back