Living in USA/Canada pros and cons?

You could do what I did. Live in the U.S. and marry a Canadian :)
hey... actually... not a bad idea...

Do you happen to know a successful, rich Canadian man who will marry me, find me a perfect job, give me a car or two, a house and do everything I ask him to do.... and not ask anything in return? ;)

Do you happen to know a successful, rich Canadian man who will marry me, find me a perfect job, give me a car or two, a house and do everything I ask him to do.... and not ask anything in return? ;)

Reading this, I see you've become a North American woman already. :bouncingsmileys:

Reading this, I see you've become a North American woman already. :bouncingsmileys:

I have half my family in the USA, half in Canada. I have a cottage on the border, and each weekend will have been in both countries several times. The two countries are very similar, and yet, quite different. Of course, both countries are very large, and regional differences are greater than the country differences. The USA is traditionally more of a melting pot of immigrants, whereas in Canada the immigrants tend to retain their identity longer. Medical care is excellent in both countries, but in the USA it's more easily available to those with money, whereas in Canada everyone has access, but waiting times can be a real pain (both figuratively and literally). I have met "ugly" Americans and I have met "ugly" Canadians (and also "ugly" Quebecers). No place has a monopoly on ignorance and bad manners. The USA is a more militerised country than Canada and that is visible in the culture and in the number of people who are associated with the military in one way or another. Economically, there has traditionally been more opportunity in the USA than Canada, which is not too surprising when the USA is ten times bigger then Canada by population. The political class in either country isn't much to be proud of. Canadians tend to be more aware of things going on outside their borders than do Americans, but then again, I've met many Americans whose awareness of world events and cultures would put many Canadians to shame. Weatherwise, the south part of the west coast of Canada (as in Victoria and Vancouver) have very nice climate, as does the Niagara region. Winters in Canada, from the Rockies to the East coast basically suck unless you're into winter sports.

Marija, where you live in either the USA or Canada may be a more important factor than which country you decide to go to.

^^^ This, a thousand times. Especially the last line.
The last TWO lines ...lol

Canada right now:
Star-Wars-Hoth-Tauntaun.jpg

US right now:
stock-photo-beach-vacation-woman-in-sun-smiling-happy-on-summer-holidays-on-tropical-beach-beautiful-125553212.jpg

@ astroNikon, runnah: yeah, but but NOTHING makes a cup of hot chocolate taste so good as having come back in after freezing your butt off! Plus, we are extremely appreciative of when the nice weather returns. :1398:

Eleven pages of this already?! Shouldn't we be getting back to Mac vs.PC or Canon vs. Nikon? I'm sure Canada vs. US will be revisited periodically anyhow.

I think this thread is just getting started!

I'm thinking we know a guy in India who would be willing to make some room for you :586:
If 1.25 Billion people can find a place to live here, I'm sure there's enough space for the entire TPF squad for sure. All of you are more than welcome here!:lol:

Although TBH I don't have any intentions of staying in India for too long. "Freedom" is something that I miss too much here, to be fare we have a lot when compared to some of our neighbours and the conditions they live in (comparing freedom), but every once in a while something happens on the name of culture or patriotic belief that makes me despise my fellow countrymen. Who knows may be I'll move to canada someday :801:
I always thought you were a man of undoubted taste and refined judgement in addition to your photographic skills.

I'm waiting for the first person who jumps in with a picture to capture some attention.
ehh. we need more photos anyway it is a photography site!!!

Most reactions

Back