Local night portrait

Garasaki

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There's a really interesting stretch of light a few blocks from my house resulting from a series of lamps along a walking trail. One that I've always wanted to go take some pictures in, at night.

This wasn't exactly what I had in my head, but nonetheless was very happy with the outcome.

It's the type of place I will take pictures at in the future, and would love C/C and thoughts on how others might use the type of lighting you see here (in the background you can see the path continuing).

drew at night on Flickr

It's definitely an interesting image; the main issue, IMO, is that because the human eye is naturally attracted to brighter areas over darker, the viewer is pulled away from the child's face to the bright lights of the background and off the LH side of the image. My thought would be to have placed him between two lights and framing/cropping/cloning to eliminate the third. I also think a bit of fill image right would not have gone amiss; they're just a bit too deep.

He definitely needs a bit of light on the right side of his face, but...I think you have found a really interesting place with natural appeal for background.

Most reactions

Back