Locking pictures onto the memory card?

PatchworkRobot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

I'm sorry if this has been posted before. I did some searching, however, and nothing popped up.

When I move my pictures onto my computer I can either select to delete photos after moving or keep them on my camera. Since I often move a bunch of photos at a time I choose to delete them off my camera instead of having to manually remove 100+ photos.

Anyways, I'd like to be able to leave a photo of my contact information on my memory card in case my camera gets lost. I was wondering if there was a way to "lock" this picture onto my memory card so that it would not get deleted as I move my photos onto my computer.

I've done some research (Googling) and haven't been able to find an answer. Perhaps somebody here knows?

You could always just transfer them all off, and then transfer that one back on after it's cleared.

It may depend on you camera. Have you read the Manual? Nikons have a 'Protect' feature (The Key button or 'Protect' menu function) which will (to a limited degree) prevent an image from being deleted.

Images protected on camera will not be protected on computer.

Second most format card in camera after transferring images to computer.
And protected images are not protected from a format. Just user deletion by accident.

Work around for me on Nikon D90 is under Wrench>Image Comment. I put my email address as a comment and turn on image comment. Then my email address is in exif info. The other way is to attach an actual tape,sticker,etc to bottom of camera with the info you want to include.

Of course this will do nothing for the dishonest that finds or steal your camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back