What's new

Lone Tree

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yep, another tree ;) This time it's in colour though! That should count for something ;)
Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!


 
Needs..... more drama. Can you convince the sun to more to the right, so as to rake the branches with light and strong shadows? And while you're at it, can you chop down the brush behind the tree? Because a tree like that looks like it should be standing majestically on the Serengeti, with a lion or two hiding in the grass at its base.
 
Needs..... more drama. Can you convince the sun to more to the right, so as to rake the branches with light and strong shadows? And while you're at it, can you chop down the brush behind the tree? Because a tree like that looks like it should be standing majestically on the Serengeti, with a lion or two hiding in the grass at its base.

Or maybe just move over to the left and get low so only the sky and clouds are behind the tree.
 
Love the tree, but not how its top is on that white cloud. It kind of makes the image feel cut off. If there was more blue in that top portion I think it would make the image stronger. Just my two cents.
 
Thanks all!

Paul, good idea, had I been there a little closer to sunset or sunrise (it was about 4pm) I may get some more drama in it, it's just up the road from us (I was actually chasing a rainbow... for reals! and when I turned around to head back home I saw it and stopped) so I will have to revisit ;)

Sleist, I thought about that shot and I may try it, I've taken that shot sooooo many times that I wanted to try to get some environment into it this time, unfortunately (or fortunately) I think this tree is a good winter candidate for that shot ;)

John, tried it, too much chaos i think but turned out ok, it actually solves Carol's comment about the block of white a bit....




Carol, I can get on board with that, it's a pretty big block of white.
 
That will be great subject for your film attempts. Is there a possibility of another angle ? Without that band of bushes in the background ? Oh, sleist idea to.
 
Thanks T, agree, I'm starting to carry both the digital AND Film cameras with me ;) a shot of this tree on film is guaranteed ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom