long exposure C&C

tom5191

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was at a car meet and it was over looking the highway, so I waited for it to be darker and took a long exposure picture to get the headlight and taillight streaks. This was my first attempted at something like this.

Highway shot by tom5191, on Flickr

Exposure:20
ISO:100
Apature:F/16

Really good for a first try, i like it!
Im sure someone more professional will say something more about it. But from the large amount of research and flickr browsing of done of lightspeed photography i think this is good :D
Nice shot

Not bad for a first attempt. The rooftop is distracting, my eye is drawn to those machinery units not the light trails. This type of shot works best when the light trails are the main point of focus or as a compliment to an interesting subject.

I think its a good picture! The first thing that my eye went to was the red lighting in the reflections on the roof... lol I don't think that was the purpose but it is a great picture!

Thanks for the input! Next time I find a spot to do this I'll make sure and try to keep the roof tops to a minimum. I wasn't even paying attention to that when I took it. I was mainly focusing on the highway lol.

This is only a practice shot for the time when you find a location and composition that actually has some interest. C&C not required.

I personally find it very interesting. The only thing I would wish for would be some more red brake lights.

I personally find it very interesting.
I am curious as to what elements in this image you find so interesting. Please explain.

Not a knock on you Tom for projecting the follow-up excuse, although I consider your response to me to be trival. Certainly your imaginination has not reached its boundaries.

After I posted that I had an idea for a new location to try this, but it's not a highway. Only thing I'm still trying to figure out is if it's illegal to shoot an airport. There's a tunnel under a run way at an airport near me and I could get some cool shots there with the long exposure. Light streaks entering and exiting the tunnel. But not sure if the airport above it will give me trouble with security.

As long as you are not in a secured area there should be no problems. I work on an Airport sometimes and I take pictures all the time. Some for work some for personal.

As long as you are not in a secured area there should be no problems. I work on an Airport sometimes and I take pictures all the time. Some for work some for personal.

I won't be. Technically I won't even be on their property, The back ground would be the airport though. The run ways to be precise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back